Has anyone successfully appealed. Horncastle or lincs in gen

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Motherofdaughters

Has anyone successfully appealed. Horncastle or lincs in gen

Post by Motherofdaughters »

I was just wondering if anyone has successfully won an appeal to Horncastle QEGS?
If so, what was your basis, what did you present, what was their score etc.
I know my child is able and would cope fine in QEGs, However they are 5 points under, all on the NVR. The VR score was reasonably high. They have a high reading age and is achieving well in English and Maths.
We did expect this outcome and I wasn't really expecting my child to ask about appeal but they have.
Any experience or advice, welcome.
hermanmunster

Re: Has anyone successfully appealed. Horncastle or lincs in

Post by hermanmunster »

Found a couple of appeals for horncastle

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... horncastle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... horncastle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and some feedback on the appeal

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 84#p181384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Motherofdaughters

THanks muchly! Tried to search but must’ve been using the wrong terminology.
Motherofdaughters

Do you know how or when to find out if the school is over/undersubscribed
Alex

Post by Alex »

No one will be able to tell you at the moment whether the school is over or under-subscribed. If you do make an appeal you will be told the details of how places were allocated as part of the appeals paperwork.
Eirinn00

Post by Eirinn00 »

Motherofdaughters wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has successfully won an appeal to Horncastle QEGS?
I know my child is able and would cope fine in QEGs, However they are 5 points under, all on the NVR. The VR score was reasonably high. They have a high reading age and is achieving well in English and Maths.
We did expect this outcome and I wasn't really expecting my child to ask about appeal but they have.
Hi we appealed last year and won for QEGS, Horncastle. My daughter was 2 marks off. There were 24 appeals and five places on offer. We appealed against the fact that my DD sat the tests at a different time, didn't get the option of practice papers and had to sit both over 2 days. I submitted DD best pieces of work in my written appeal along with a supporting letter from the teacher to state what levels she was working at. The head and teacher of the primary school also attended the hearing with me. Good luck.
Motherofdaughters

Eirinn00 wrote:
Motherofdaughters wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has successfully won an appeal to Horncastle QEGS?
Hi we appealed last year and won for QEGS, Horncastle. My daughter was 2 marks off. There were 24 appeals and five places on offer. We appealed against the fact that my DD sat the tests at a different time, didn't get the option of practice papers and had to sit both over 2 days. I submitted DD best pieces of work in my written appeal along with a supporting letter from the teacher to state what levels she was working at. The head and teacher of the primary school also attended the hearing with me. Good luck.

Thanks Eirinn00. My daughter smashed the Verbal reasoning but not the NVR. She has been suffering from chronic headaches daily for nearly 2 years and is under the drs and consultants to try and figure out why. She copes well usually and doesn't let it effect her. She has a headache every day but some days they seem to flare and are worse than usual. NVR day, typically!
She is working at a GS standard and the school is happy to write in support of this.
I guess I can just try and see.

What sort of questions were you asked, if you don't mind?