Allocations day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sarah1865red

Re: Allocations day!

Post by Sarah1865red »

How far from KGGS are you KaryD? Would you consider appealing or going on the reserve list? I've tried to ring today to find out where dd is on the reserve list but no answer due to closure - silly snow! The admission area seems to be shrinking year on year!
spud04

Post by spud04 »

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get KGGS - it has tended to be very over subscribed over the last few years and the catchment does seem to be shrinking. They will take some girls on appeal so it is worth doing (PAN is 174 but they tend to have six classes of thirty) and also staying on the waiting list as inevitably one or two will move or drop out in the first year.

If it helps I have children in both Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire schools and it's fine - the holidays nearly always coincide (except not the half term just gone) and one close to Lincs well known Notts comp has a habit of taking all it's inset days in a clump to lengthen the christmas holiday but I haven't had any major issues.
KaryD

Post by KaryD »

Sarah1865red wrote:How far from KGGS are you KaryD? Would you consider appealing or going on the reserve list? I've tried to ring today to find out where dd is on the reserve list but no answer due to closure - silly snow! The admission area seems to be shrinking year on year!
I think we must be similar to you Sarah, something in the 12 mile region, I’ve never worked it out accurately! I emailed them to see if I could find more based on some posts I saw on here very early this morning from last year. I just feel I want to know something. I think we will appeal. What are you thinking on that front?
spud04 wrote:I'm sorry to hear you didn't get KGGS - it has tended to be very over subscribed over the last few years and the catchment does seem to be shrinking. They will take some girls on appeal so it is worth doing (PAN is 174 but they tend to have six classes of thirty) and also staying on the waiting list as inevitably one or two will move or drop out in the first year.

If it helps I have children in both Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire schools and it's fine - the holidays nearly always coincide (except not the half term just gone) and one close to Lincs well known Notts comp has a habit of taking all it's inset days in a clump to lengthen the christmas holiday but I haven't had any major issues.
Thanks very much for the information, it does help. I suspect that may be the same comp as she has a place at. It does seem to be shrinking, although we’re a way out older girls from their primary have got in a few years back.
Sarah1865red

Post by Sarah1865red »

I have a dd in a Notts primary and have been offered a Leicestershire secondary and unfortunately they clash with holidays quite often. Will definitely look into an appeal and waiting lists but either way I'll have dc in different counties next year. I think Notts and Lincolnshire are a better match than Leicestershire though. Would feel better if I could speak to someone at KGGS and get their advice / opinion - hoping they are open again tomorrow. I guess it will all come together one way or another.
Sarah1865red

Post by Sarah1865red »

I went on AA route planner to work out how far away we are! It sounds like we might both have missed out by a small margin. Hopefully we'll get some answers tomorrow :-)
Sarah1865red

Post by Sarah1865red »

My initial reaction is to appeal but my daughter does have friends going to her offerered school and isn't dead set against it so will let things settle over the weekend and see what she wants to do on Monday. Hopefully will have spoken to KGGS by then and have a bit more info to make a better decision. Was hoping the stress would be over with by now :-(
spud04

Post by spud04 »

KGGS might not open tomorrow - one of the biggest bus companies has already announced it's cancelled all tomorrows school services due to the weather. School might still open of course but they are bound to take this into consideration.

Don't loose hope. Some children who have got a place will choose to go to Stamford or Nottingham High - they will take from the waiting list.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:Son got into KEVIGS ! We live in Grimsby. Over the moon ! Congratulations everyone who got places! Now we can relax and plan ahead. Son look forward for induction days in June and tell us about it!
Great news! How will your son be getting to Louth from Grimsby? I need to find out more about this bus service they run. (I do realise there’s plenty of time to sort all that out before September!)
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Ellarootoo wrote:
Rhinoguy wrote:Son got into KEVIGS ! We live in Grimsby. Over the moon ! Congratulations everyone who got places! Now we can relax and plan ahead. Son look forward for induction days in June and tell us about it!
Great news! How will your son be getting to Louth from Grimsby? I need to find out more about this bus service they run. (I do realise there’s plenty of time to sort all that out before September!)
Thabk you! We stayed until midnight and he got in! So thrilled and worth it after we have went through everything ! He will be going on bus with Grayson - http://www.schoolbuses.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Cost £90 per month. There’s various pick up points. Ours is old Clee area. Will be contacting Grayson to put his name on the list next week once this adverse weather has passed. :D
KaryD

Post by KaryD »

I’ve been delving into it a bit further and think we’re further than you Sarah, I was sure I’d seen as the crow flies with distance but a close read said by road so we’re well over 15 here.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now