Allocations day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
spud04

Re: Allocations day!

Post by spud04 »

KGGS is shut tomorrow I'm afraid.
Sarah1865red

Post by Sarah1865red »

Oh well, looks like we will have to wait until Monday to speak to them. I'm at work this weekend so that's a good distraction!
KaryD - being a bit further out may move you slightly down the reserve list but it won't make a difference to an appeal so you still have a good chance. I think we may be supporting each other a lot over the next few months - let's keep positive :-)
KaryD

Post by KaryD »

Sarah1865red wrote:Oh well, looks like we will have to wait until Monday to speak to them. I'm at work this weekend so that's a good distraction!
KaryD - being a bit further out may move you slightly down the reserve list but it won't make a difference to an appeal so you still have a good chance. I think we may be supporting each other a lot over the next few months - let's keep positive :-)
A bit of distraction will be good I think! It’s such a shame the girls are in this position but it’s also good to have some support here :)
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:
Ellarootoo wrote:
Rhinoguy wrote:Son got into KEVIGS ! We live in Grimsby. Over the moon ! Congratulations everyone who got places! Now we can relax and plan ahead. Son look forward for induction days in June and tell us about it!
Great news! How will your son be getting to Louth from Grimsby? I need to find out more about this bus service they run. (I do realise there’s plenty of time to sort all that out before September!)
Thabk you! We stayed until midnight and he got in! So thrilled and worth it after we have went through everything ! He will be going on bus with Grayson - http://www.schoolbuses.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Cost £90 per month. There’s various pick up points. Ours is old Clee area. Will be contacting Grayson to put his name on the list next week once this adverse weather has passed. :D
Thanks for that link. I’ve just sent them a message to ask about the timings and our nearest pick up point.
Mumtutu

Post by Mumtutu »

Hi there, we are another with a DD who didn’t get her first choice of KGGS. DD wants us to appeal so I am trying to get my head around that and found this forum and the excellent guide on this site to appealing. We are according to RAC/AA route/Googlemaps 12.3 miles postcode to postcode shortest driving distance and we didn’t get in so not sure where they reached PAN on distance. I don’t know anyone in our area who received an offer from KGGS, so we too will be trying to find out where we are on the list.

Feeling a little pessimistic at the mo as DD is devastated she cried for 4 hours. I am not too concerned about the offer she did get but she having visited both schools had her heart set on KGGS and as people our way usually get in (bus goes from end of our road) and admissions head at KGGS said she thought we would be ok on distance, I think we all took our chances a bit for granted

Would be great to share info and support.

I am willing to appeal if that is what DD wants because I want her to feel we will fight as hard as we can for her but I also need to be as realistic as I can with her to manage her hopes and expectations.

This really must have been a bumper pass year for girls for things to have gone this way.

:cry:
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

Ellarootoo wrote:
Thanks for that link. I’ve just sent them a message to ask about the timings and our nearest pick up point.
Good point, think I’ll do that too. I know there is a bus from Market Rasen to Louth, but that’s about as much as I know. Maybe I should have researched it more beforehand hehe!
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Pluto11 wrote:
Ellarootoo wrote:
Good point, think I’ll do that too. I know there is a bus from Market Rasen to Louth, but that’s about as much as I know. Maybe I should have researched it more beforehand hehe!
I deliberately chose not to do too much research beforehand so we didn’t start to see it as something that would definitely be happening, then it would have been even more disappointing if dd didn’t get in. I knew there was a bus, but that was pretty much it. Hope it’s not too much of an early start and late return for them!
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Great news! How will your son be getting to Louth from Grimsby? I need to find out more about this bus service they run. (I do realise there’s plenty of time to sort all that out before September!)[/quote]

Thanks for that link. I’ve just sent them a message to ask about the timings and our nearest pick up point.[/quote]

Got reply from Grayson’s and they do offer bus for induction days too and info out in August. Excited times !
Sarah1865red

Post by Sarah1865red »

Mumtutu you must have been so close to a place as I know of someone who lives a similar distance as you and they got a place. I had a feeling it would be a high pass rate after my daughters reaction to the tests which I think has shrunk the allocation area quite a bit unfortunately. We are still debating whether to appeal and I'm hoping to make a decision after speaking to someone at KGGS tomorrow. Do you know your daughters score from the 11+? I think I am going to ask tomorrow - not sure if they will give it me? My daughter is hating the uncertainty of it all :-( I feel so sorry for the girls x
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Rhinoguy wrote:Great news! How will your son be getting to Louth from Grimsby? I need to find out more about this bus service they run. (I do realise there’s plenty of time to sort all that out before September!)

Thanks for that link. I’ve just sent them a message to ask about the timings and our nearest pick up point.[/quote]

Got reply from Grayson’s and they do offer bus for induction days too and info out in August. Excited times ![/quote]

I had a reply too - 8:05am pick up here, which isn’t too bad, although I don’t know what time they get dropped off at the end of the day. (I’ve just replied to them to ask.) I’ve put her name down now, so I guess we’ll find out more in August.

I’m not sure whether to use the bus for induction days. Dh can easily get the time off work to drop her off, and I’ve got visions of her getting off the bus and wandering around lost all day, not knowing where to go. But it would be a good chance for her to get used to the bus journey and finding the bus at the end of the day. If there will be a little group of them for induction days, I’ll send her on the bus.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now