Am I missing anything?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Motherofdaughters

Am I missing anything?

Post by Motherofdaughters »

I've read and read the appeal info and I think I'm good to go.
We're appealing as my daughter did not reach the required score, mitigating circs being she had a bad headache on the day of the NVR paper. She scored well on the VR. She was (is) under consultants due to headaches and had 2 appointments within a week of the NVR for consultations and then a CT scan.

As evidence so far I will have (or have requested)

Academic evidence from school. Including items of work showing she is working above expected levels. Reading ages. Letter from current class teacher including why he feels she may not have reached potential on the day, the headaches she suffers, about her potential, SATS expected levels etc. Her ability to work alone and diligently. etc.

A letter from the head expressing how she feels the child would benefit from a Grammar education, or similar.

Then Cons letters stating about her headaches and the appointment letters that coincided with the 11+
Her headaches are now better controlled and she is on Meds but I don't have any correspondence to this effect, should I ask for one so I can show it's not a long term illness as such and is better managed? Or would a photocopy of the prescription suffice?

Anything else I am missing or others have felt is helpful?

Should I just state the facts as above in my statement or is there more you guys wrote? Or will write?

Thanks.
Guest55

Re: Am I missing anything?

Post by Guest55 »

They might ask why you let her sit the paper when she had a headache?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I was going to say that too....did you not have to sign a fit and well sheet when you took her to the exam?
Motherofdaughters

Our school is a feeder school and she took it there, I was unaware when I dropped her off.
At that time she was suffering from constant headaches at a 5 on a pain scale of 1-10 but they would sometimes increase to an 8+. As it was an ongoing issue that was being investigated it was unrealistic to keep her off as she’d never be there. We just had to try and manage as best as we could. When her head was/is a 5, she’s fine, if it peaked she struggles.
Motherofdaughters

Good thing to think about a response for though, thanks and no, no fit and well form, I assume as taken in school.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If it’s an ongoing issue, I guess there would be no guarantee that she would be fine for the back up test anyway, s that could be part of your case.
Motherofdaughters

Thankfully with medication we’re more controlled so her work is at a good/above standard all but consistently now.