Boston Grammar Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Deborah123

Boston Grammar Appeals

Post by Deborah123 »

I have my appeal date, and have submitted all of my information but just wondered if anyone knew a timetable of events?

Do we find out before the appeal who is going to be present, and if so how long before? and how long after the appeal do I find out if my son has gained a place.

Are there any sample templates for the summing up? Again I have done this, I just want to make sure I have everything covered.

Am I allowed to know how many places there are left and how many are appealing?

Thank you.
ToadMum

Re: Boston Grammar Appeals

Post by ToadMum »

Deborah123 wrote:I have my appeal date, and have submitted all of my information but just wondered if anyone knew a timetable of events?

Do we find out before the appeal who is going to be present, and if so how long before? and how long after the appeal do I find out if my son has gained a place.

Are there any sample templates for the summing up? Again I have done this, I just want to make sure I have everything covered.

Am I allowed to know how many places there are left and how many are appealing?

Thank you.
Hello :D

Not in your area, but with some experience of appeals.

You should receive a pack with copy of the case that the school (if an academy) / local authority (if a maintained school) has submitted, a copy of your submission and accompanying paperwork and a covering letter explaining who will be present and how the day will run, e.g. whether there will be a group presentation (where the presenting office, representing the school / LA put their case once to all parents to start with, then each appellant's own case is heard privately afterwards - part 2 always comprises each appellant being heard in private, of course, but sometimes part 1 is run individually for each case, as well, complete nightmare for panel and presenting officer, imho :shock: ).

There are normally three people on the Independent Appeals Panel - the Chair, one person detailed as a 'lay' member and the other, 'education'.

The Clerk is responsible for taking down the official record of the proceedings and plays no part in the panel's decision-making. S/he may offer advice on points of law etc.

The school's case should state whether they are at PAN already, or not at PAN but only because there were not enough academically qualified applicants etc (designated grammar schools do not have to admit to PAN if they run out of those deemed qualified, unlike other schools, which have to admit he they gat a place available).

As for how many appeals have been scheduled, you can only ask - certainly over in 'Gloucestershire', people are reporting being informed of the number of appellants.

No decisions will be made until all the appeals have
been heard, but after they have, both you and the school will be sent notice of the outcome at the same time, normally about a week later.

Lots more info here :)

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now