The King's School Grantham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HamptonDad

The King's School Grantham

Post by HamptonDad »

Hi Everyone,

I know that King's admission policy as stated on their website is that places are awarded in rank score order up to the total number of students intended to be admitted under the PAN. Does anyone have any information on data on the lowest score that have admitted in the previous years? any information at all will be very much appreciated.
Alex

Re: The King's School Grantham

Post by Alex »

Here is quite an old thread discussing the cut off scores for a few years:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 21&t=38218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You should be able to get the information for more recent years either directly from the school itself or from the School Admissions department at Lincolnshire County council.
HamptonDad

Post by HamptonDad »

Alex wrote:Here is quite an old thread discussing the cut off scores for a few years:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 21&t=38218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You should be able to get the information for more recent years either directly from the school itself or from the School Admissions department at Lincolnshire County council.
Thank you Alex. I emailed the school who confirmed that in the past few years they've been able to take anyone who got over 220 (the qualifying mark). The exception was last year where the lowest score they admitted was 229.
Cam11

Post by Cam11 »

The cut-off score might be even higher this year, as apparently there were a lot more boys taking it than there usually are.

I heard from someone whose son has just started Year 7 at Kings that after the Sep 2017 tests a lot of boys missed out who were expecting to get in. A lot of tutored kids whose tutors told them they would definitely get in if previous years were any guide. But the previous years weren't a good guide for the 2017 intake it seems.
aicthie

Post by aicthie »

The 11+ Verbal paper was different this year, with newer sections which had not been used before. A lot of students found this harder, both at Kings and as KGGS girls school. If a lot found it harder than the pass mark should be lower than 2017 of 229.
aicthie

Post by aicthie »

Results day - my son passed, 261! What score did everyone else get?
Natalieclair

Post by Natalieclair »

The new sections in both the verbal and non verbal completely through my son who is on the Autistic Spectrum. He failed to complete the last 15 questions on the Verbal paper and guessed a whole section on the non verbal. He has passed and got a score of 229. I am really hoping this is enough to get him a space.

Well done to your son x
aicthie

Post by aicthie »

Changes on both VR and NVR upset quite a few children I know. Your son did well if he didn't finish one paper and guessed some on the other. From what I know from last year from friends who son passed but didn't get a place was the cut off was 229 for a place. It is hard to guess what it might be each year. Previously in 2013 my eldest son got a place with a score of 224 as that was when they started with an extra form in the year, before they only took on 5 forms but now 6 every year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now