on-line or paper application?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jellywobble

on-line or paper application?

Post by jellywobble »

Now we have had the results - how are you planning to send in your application?

Does anyone have experience from last year (or know someone) who used the on-line appliction method?

I'm thinking of using the paper form (but posting recorded, so that I know it will get there)
Dee

Post by Dee »

I think the paperwork is supposed to be handed back to your Primary School.
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

Hi,
I have just applied online.
My friend did this last year and was able to log on to the site just after midnight to find out if her son got a grammar school place.
I have done the same as it saves waiting for the post on the 1st of March.
I received a confirmation email of my application which I have printed out.
Also if you log back in, it tells you that your application has been submitted.
HTH.
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

I have just applied online.
My friend did this last year and was able to log on to the site just after midnight to find out if her son got a grammar school place.
Hi Confused,

Would you also know if this applied to Wirral as well?

Thanks,
Scatshouse

Post by Guest »

I just applied online
Alex

Post by Alex »

I liked being able to do it online last year - automatic proof that you have submitted the form - no chance of things getting lost or dealyed in the post - and knowing your allocated school just after midnight on 1st March.
Healing Mum

Online application not always best!

Post by Healing Mum »

Good morning everyone.

I submitted my son's application online, particularly after the fiasco with results due to the postal strike last year. I eagerly awaited my email on 3rd March but nothing arrived. I waited until the postman came but no letter either. I was beginning to get worried, even contemplating a worse case scenario that my application might not have been received due to a computer blip.

I rang the local admissions office to ask when the emails would be sent advising of school allocations, only to be told that there had been problems with the computer system and that letters were being sent out first class to arrive on 4th March. I thought "what a joke"!

My letter has indeed arrived this morning and we have the school of our choice.

So it is "swings and roundabouts".
jellywobble

Post by jellywobble »

After the responses from my original question, I did choose to apply on-line.

HealingMum - had you forgotten your password? There was no need to wait for an email/letter, as you can log on again to see the outcome.
I was very pleased, since I could have "sneaky" look first thing on Saturday before everyone was up. It just happens that our letter actually arrived later on Satuday anyway.

I have just logged my acceptance on-line as well (it even goes on to check for transport applications), so the only posting I need to do is the photo for the Maxrespect card.

A slick service, in my case at least.
Healing Mum

Online application not always best!

Post by Healing Mum »

Hi Jellywobble, I am in North East Lincolnshire so maybe things are different here. We applied online and selected to receive our offer by email thinking this would come on the release date of 3rd March. This did not happen due to a computer blip. We did not need to re-enter passwords etc just supply our email address.

Ironic really as we thought we would avoid any problems with the post system, only to rely on them delivering the letter in the end, a day after the release date, which only adds to the anxiety.

Never mind - alls well that ends well. I will have to go through the process again in a couple of years.
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

So Jelly Wobble and Healing Mum - did you get the schools you wanted?
It sounds like it! :)