No School on offer; all full up -Grantham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Teetee3

Re: No School on offer; all full up -Grantham

Post by Teetee3 »

hermanmunster wrote:Looks like there are 3 non selective schools for girls within Grantham and up to 3 miles around. I know that the Priory Ruskin is very popular https://www.compare-school-performance. ... sSecondary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thks, helpful info.
My yr 11 child has already chosen GCSE subjects. Her options r taught only in 2 of these sch. Is this extenuating?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Is she going into year 11 now? Goodness what a difficult time to move, - did you contact the LEA before you moved to the area?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Teetee3 wrote: My yr 11 child has already chosen GCSE subjects. Her options are taught only in 2 of these schools. Is this an extenuating circumstance?
Probably - provided you have been able to establish that these schools have room in the option groups you want, and that a pupil from outside would be able to slot in to the course without too much difficulty.

If you were to get a place, but these option groups are already full, the school may require your child to do something else. This could be problematic in Y11 - and the school might argue at appeal that it would significantly increase for them the degree of prejudice that would be caused.
Etienne
Teetee3

Post by Teetee3 »

hermanmunster wrote:Is she going into year 11 now? Goodness what a difficult time to move, - did you contact the LEA before you moved to the area?

I did, I started to call since April, very difficult to get any meaningful engagement with the team. Really disappointed & stressed to say the list. I have let them know how i feel on how proactive they ve been
Teetee3

Post by Teetee3 »

Etienne wrote:
Teetee3 wrote: My yr 11 child has already chosen GCSE subjects. Her options are taught only in 2 of these schools. Is this an extenuating circumstance?
Probably - provided you have been able to establish that these schools have room in the option groups you want, and that a pupil from outside would be able to slot in to the course without too much difficulty.

If you were to get a place, but these option groups are already full, the school may require your child to do something else. This could be problematic in Y11 - and the school might argue at appeal that it would significantly increase for them the degree of prejudice that would be caused.
Thk u - I ll get on with putting my appeal together. Thk u; really helpful chatting someone. I ll update thks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now