Nets??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

K-bob

Nets??

Post by K-bob »

Hi

I've heard it said before that nets are not on the Lincolnshire test. Is this definitely right? I know they didn't come up in 2017 when eldest did the test. We've done lots of technique and the GL tests in readiness for the NVR, and some spatial stuff from the web and a Letts book for those sections. She's doing well in NVR and is a whizz at spatial but we haven't done a lot on nets and DD finds them tricky. I'm wondering whether to flog this particular dead horse or whether to just keep practicing the other stuff?

At least I feel we are better prepared than 2 years ago when I only found out spatial was a 'thing' when I heard people talking about it in the car park after the VR exam!!

Thanks muchly
K
sludge94

Re: Nets??

Post by sludge94 »

Hi

I think it's safe to say they come up infrequently.

Eldest daughter sat tests in 2014 and was relieved that nets were not included. However the following year they did. Youngest daughter is sitting test this Saturday and we aren't obsessing too much about nets, as long as she has a reasonable understanding. It is impossible to say what will and wont come up - it may be something completely new! Chances are nets won't be in the test, but no one can say for 100%.
Stocky

Re: Nets??

Post by Stocky »

Nets are no longer excluded from the Lincolnshire test and haven’t been since it was changed a few years ago. Prior to this the test was set around 6 core types and it was expressly stated that nets were not included and the 6 core types used were: most like, most unlike, pairs, codes, sequences and grids - excuse the terminology I’ve used please. Following the changes and the introduction of the spatial and 3D stuff a few years ago, this has now changed and nets can be in the test.