King's Admissions 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KatieT

King's Admissions 2020

Post by KatieT »

My DS got a qualifying mark for King's. We are moving back to Lincolnshire from being away, but do we need to be in a Grantham address by school application date? I didnt think it mattered but on one of the threads there is talk of needing to be within 12 miles or so for them to accept scores of over 220+. Can anyone clarify?
hermanmunster

Re: King's Admissions 2020

Post by hermanmunster »

the oversub policy is :
Looked after children and all previously looked after children who have achieved the
minimum standardised qualifying score.
2. Children who are eligible for the full Pupil Premium who achieve the qualifying score, by rank
order of standardised score, but limited to, up to 20 places in this category. Children who
are unsuccessful in this category may nevertheless achieve a place in the remaining category.
3. Any remaining places will then be awarded in rank standardised score order for those
students who have qualified for entry, up to the total number of children intended to be
admitted under the published admission number.
In the event of a tie for the final place the following criterion will apply:
• If two or more children are tied for the last place a lottery will be drawn by an independent
person, not employed by the school or working in the Children’s Service Directorate at the
Local Authority.
so looks like score is the key - I think you need to find out the score of the last admitted (as opposed to qualified) pupils for the last few years as I suspect it was higher than 220
KatieT

Re: King's Admissions 2020

Post by KatieT »

Thanks for that. Put my mind at rest a little.