Last Years Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ronnie

Last Years Test

Post by Ronnie »

Hi - might be a bit cheeky but can anyone give me an idea about what type of questions were on last years VR test? were there any suprises or shocks? was the real test similar to the practice one they did in school?
jellywobble

Post by jellywobble »

The only thing I remember DD mentioning was a 3x3 panel where you had to fit in 3-letters words to read both across and down. Not that hard really.

The thing to teach them is to "expect" something they have never seem before, and then tackle it methodically, rather than panic.

(I know if I were setting a test, I'd add a couple of questions to catch out those who had only learnt the known types, to see if they could think it through.)
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

thanks for that - my daughter seems to be getting there - we tended to do our practice when I came home from work and when I marked her paper you could see that her concentration lapsed towards the end of the paper. Today I left her with one and she did it this morning. Although it was a shorter test she only dropped one mark. So I think I will do that in future as she appears to be a lot more alert.