NVR Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ronnie

NVR Test

Post by Ronnie »

Hi
On reading previous posts over the past 2 years I have found that there were only 4 sections giving 8 minutes for each section - can anyone tell me what questions were missed out as there are 5 different types of questions - has the same type of question been missed out both years. my daughter is stonger with some than others and I would be interested to know.

Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

Son did his two years ago, but I am afraid we cannot remember much! Do remember that there were matrix ones to complete - where you decide which shape should fill the blank square in a 3x3 or 2x2 set. Also that one section asked them to pick out the most unlike shape to the rest rather than the most similar. No idea what came up last year.

Just have to keep practising the lot!!
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

thanks for that reply - we will continue to practice everything - she is really good at the codes, and the matrices(?) (the ones were you have to change the second shape the same as the first) ok on the sequences, getting really good on the most like or unlike but her weakest would be the square ones but she is getting there - but like you say got to keep at them all and hope that maybe they drop her weakest!

Just wish it was all over and done with now - she only done her VR practice paper in school today! not much time left to go over any poor areas - she came home quite cool about it all but I am a nervous wreck - i just keep telling myself its not the end of the world if she doesn't get it - worse things happen in life than not passing an 11plus exam!!
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

oh my goodness - just received the results for my daughters practice test in school and she got the worst score that she ever has - it has really baffled me - she left quite a few out and made silly mistakes and felt that she was rushed for time!! how good an indicator is this mark and is it true that this is the same practice paper that does the rounds year on year?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi Ronnie,

Which practice test was it, or did they do both on one day? I don't think the practice tests change from year to year (though of course there have only been 2 NVR tests so far). I think at this stage it is best to just build up confidence and tell your daughter not to panic - give her some strategies to use if she gets stuck on questions and reassure her that if she is finding a paper hard going the other kids will be as well. That's what I am doing! Mine found the practice tests hard and one said she missed out loads - that was in July and they did not record the final marks so I am not sure just how awful it was!!
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

I have been informed that the "board" who set the NVR papers only release 4 papers to the public.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now