What do I do now ??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi SJ

Glad it worked out OK for you and DS, it is incredibly difficult sometomes to mekae the right choices over education for children and they sometimes seem not to get on at the school of choice despite everything apparently pointing in that direction.
You are fortunate however if you have a good comprehensive as an option - one of the problems in some areas with grammar schools is that the alternate ie the secondary modern schools are not perceived to be very good and are far from being comprehensive schools
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi SJ,

I had to read back through your posts to refresh my memory, I do remember your concerns about choosing a school, and know that I have it all to come for my "special one" in year 4. :)

I hope it is working out at the local comp.

Best wishes,

steve
Floss

Post by Floss »

Hi SJ

Many thanks for your message, I'm pleased things have worked out for your son. I never knew it would be such a hard decision :shock: I can only hope that we have made the right one.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi SJ - have sent you a PM
SJ

Post by SJ »

Thank you all for your messages. We are very lucky that we have a good local comp, otherwise I would have been absolutely distraught, so for that I thank God and count my luck stars, as they say.

The fact of the matter is I feel guilty that I did not make the right decision for my son as a person, but I do feel I made the right decision for his future education and opportunities. However, if he wasn't happy, he wasn't going to put the work in so, I had no choice in the end.

You all know your children and the type of child they are, but if you are lucky enough to have a supportive headteacher or year 5/6 teacher, take heed of their input aswell. They know the "system" and how schools differ in a more in depth way than we do.

Choosing a school is not easy if you have various good choices, but choosing a school when you don't have particularily good choices is even harder.

Good Luck everyone, all you can do is your best
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now