to accept or not...is that the question?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

john m.

to accept or not...is that the question?

Post by john m. »

I have been looking with great interest over the last few days at different posts from parents with good and bad news re: results.
I have spoken to 2 or 3 people over the last few days whose children have passed the 11 plus but those children are either undecided about whether to take the place or have already decided against. It seems a little odd that a child be entered for the test when they have no intention of taking the place (even though in all cases, the grammar school is their nearest secondary, along with a secondary modern). I mean, why go through all that?
It must make those parents whose children may have just missed out ,but who would do anything to get a place, absolutely seeth when they see this...to have the luxury of decision about whether or not to go to a grammar school must be galling for them.

I live in the south of the county where we are extremely lucky to have a high achieving Technology College for those unfortunate enough to be unlucky but it must be of little comfort to those parents.

Post by Guest »

I guess some people just take the 11 plus because it is done in their schools; others like us may take it because they do not know what their circumstances are going to be by the time that choosing schools comes round. You have to remember that registering for the tests is done long before most people have started to look round the possible choices of school and really think hard about what they want from the secondary school for their child.

Sara