% successful appeals at King's?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yesheadjon

% successful appeals at King's?

Post by yesheadjon »

I noticed that there was a table of appeal stats in the Q&A thread (number of appeals % sucessful etc), but it did not include King's. Does anyone know the figure's for King's or at least anecdotal evidence on how successful they generally are?

Many thanks
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Hi yesheadjon,
We are in Lincs,in a similar situation to yours-DS missed by 2 marks-though we are appealing different schools.
You need the assistance of the uber helpful Alex,who I have no doubt will be along shortly.
In the meantime,I just wanted to say hello & welcome & keep your chin up :)
Sallyj
yesheadjon

Post by yesheadjon »

Hi Sallyj,

Thanks for the welcome and the words of support. I have posted a thread on the general 'APPEALS' section and had some useful responses. I was under the impression that at King's school in Grantham the appeal for both non-qualification and admission (there is a 'waiting list' year) was heard at the same time. I will have to contact the school tomorrow. We live in Nottingham and already have a child at the school which complicated things further!!!

Thanks for the reply

Yesheadjon
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Hi yesheadjon,
I know very little about Kings-we're the opposite 'side' to you near Lincoln.
What I do know,as it applies to us too,is that your appeal for non-qualification will be held at the same time as the over subscription one. So first we have to prove our children are bright enough for GS & that the missing marks aren't a true representation of thier capabilies. If that part is successfully passed,we then fight the argument on over subscription !
It's all a bit unfair in my opinion. In many parts of the country,non-qualification is fought before places are allocated,meaning a won appeal therefore automatically puts your child on the list for places-should there be one available. Here,we know that most places will already be filled,long before our appeals are heard !
Sorry to sound such a doom & gloom merchant,I'm not-honestly. All this hasn't put us off. Nothing ventured,nothing gained !
As I posted previously,the person you need with all the Lincolnshire expertise is Alex,so don't worry,your questions will soon be answered.
I wish you & your son all the best for a positive outcome :)
yesheadjon

Post by yesheadjon »

Hi Sallyj,

Best of luck to you to. The thread I refer to is here http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9758 All you can do is be genuine and give it your best shot.

Good luck

Yesheadjon
Alex

Post by Alex »

yesheadjon,

Have answered on the appeals thread. Do come back and ask further if you need.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now