Medway total Test score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ciaowood

Re: Medway total Test score

Post by ciaowood »

Thank you. Yes, we're in Medway so within distance.
Guest14

Post by Guest14 »

Hi, our DD got 602, being OOC do we stand any chance for Rochester grammar? Thank you.

------

That's a high score, last year was the first time I noticed the standardised scores going above 280 and not even by that margin. I hope you are within distance of your preferred school, as you may be aware Medway schools admit by distance once a pass is attained.

Best wishes[/quote]
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

'Distance' appears to be the very last criterion, of several, in the Rochester Grammar School oversubscription criteria and score, above the pass mark, is irrelevant. Looking at the data given on the Medway website, for 2020 entry, the school received 266 first preference applications, admitted 235 (with a PAN of 205) and under 'Distance' there is a '-'. I may be wrong, but I would interpret that as meaning that they didn't go down as far as admitting purely on distance, i.e. all places were filled with applicants in higher categories. Perhaps someone more familiar with the Medway way of reporting can advise?

https://new.medway.gov.uk/education/sch ... mar-school
https://www.rochestergrammar.org.uk/pro ... and-ethos/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
olucares

Post by olucares »

Guest14 wrote:Hi, our DD got 602, being OOC do we stand any chance for Rochester grammar? Thank you.

------

That's a high score, last year was the first time I noticed the standardised scores going above 280 and not even by that margin. I hope you are within distance of your preferred school, as you may be aware Medway schools admit by distance once a pass is attained.

Best wishes
[/quote]

Not likely to get RGS if you are OOC, depending on where you are, you may be able to get Fort Pitt as I understand they came further out last year, for the first time in many years. Chatham Girls tend to admit all who have passed.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Chatham was undersubscribed this year and in 2019, looking at the Medway site.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now