Results - Impact of postal strike

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

paulap wrote:
polly0494 wrote:
paulap wrote:Have just checked on the email confirmation I received when I registered my two for the test and towards the bottom it says "Preferred Communication - Email" so I presume this is it.
This is all I can recall doing. When I spoke to the Admissions dept last week, the person I spoke to 'indicated' that if the email option was selected, in the event of contingency being necessary, letters may not be available for us to collect! (She said that wasn't definite though).
Must admit I would prefer to get the results by email as I don't fancy opening the envelopes in public. My only worry is that I don't get an email and then miss the SGC distribution whilst waiting. Hopefully they will be able to confirm later in the week.
Paulap - that is exactly my worry! Hopefully the SGC will be open until a reasonable time in the evening so if no email arrives, we can go there as a plan B!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Where exactly is the St Georges Centre? :lol:
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

medwaymum wrote:Where exactly is the St Georges Centre? :lol:
It is Chatham Maritime - if you approach the Dockside Outlet Centre with the shopping Centre on the right, the St. Georges Centre is on the left take the 1st exit off the roundabout, (the 2nd exit takes you towards New Road and 3rd exit takes you into the approach to the shops and Historic Dockyard). It is St. Georges Centre, Pembroke Road, Chatham Maritime, ME4 4UH
paulap

Post by paulap »

Well, the plot thickens. A friend phoned Admissions this afternoon and they have said that no final decision has been made about using the SGC but to keep looking at the website for any changes.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

polly0494 wrote:
medwaymum wrote:Where exactly is the St Georges Centre? :lol:
It is Chatham Maritime - if you approach the Dockside Outlet Centre with the shopping Centre on the right, the St. Georges Centre is on the left take the 1st exit off the roundabout, (the 2nd exit takes you towards New Road and 3rd exit takes you into the approach to the shops and Historic Dockyard). It is St. Georges Centre, Pembroke Road, Chatham Maritime, ME4 4UH
Thanks Polly! I didn't have a clue... :roll:
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

I do think they need to make a decision once and for all! Even if the post strikes don't go ahead as planned, there is a chance that delays may be experienced in receiving post.

I was told on Friday that a final decision would be made today and would be communicated via the website, local radio and on the Admissions number by recorded message.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Polly I can't find anywhere on the Medway admissions website that even mentions the postal strike....can you paste the link here please? :)
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

They haven't put any form of communication on the website that I can see. They said on Friday that they would do so by today but still nothing............ :roll:
Harry B

Post by Harry B »

Hi All

I get the impression that the powers-that-be are just hoping that the whole thing goes away, hence their unwillingness to make (or publish) a decision.

I spoke to the Admissions Dept today and the poor call handlers don't seem to have been given much (if any) briefing on this issue. There's supposed to have been a press release this afternoon, but there's still no mention at all on the Council website. I'm certainly not impressed with the way they're handling this, and they haven't even had the courtesy to acknowledge (let alone reply to) an e-mail I sent them on Friday.

Not a Happy Harry!!
polly0494

Post by polly0494 »

Harry B wrote:Hi All

I get the impression that the powers-that-be are just hoping that the whole thing goes away, hence their unwillingness to make (or publish) a decision.

I spoke to the Admissions Dept today and the poor call handlers don't seem to have been given much (if any) briefing on this issue. There's supposed to have been a press release this afternoon, but there's still no mention at all on the Council website. I'm certainly not impressed with the way they're handling this, and they haven't even had the courtesy to acknowledge (let alone reply to) an e-mail I sent them on Friday.

Not a Happy Harry!!
I know the feeling; I emailed them on Thursday and haven't heard anything either! Think this situation has been made far more complicated than it really needed to be.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now