So are we all registered for Sept 2010 tests then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rubyhettybetty

So are we all registered for Sept 2010 tests then?

Post by rubyhettybetty »

So now it starts...
sherry_d

Re: So are we all registered for Sept 2010 tests then?

Post by sherry_d »

oh when does the registation start for Medway? I thought it was end of August. I checked on their website and everything was last year's. I know in Kent Friday is the closing date
Impossible is Nothing.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

The Medway test is on 25th September, the closing date for registration is 2nd July!!!

From website:

Parents can apply for their child’s school by using an online admissions form on Medway Council’s website, www.medway.gov.uk/onlineadmissions

Rather than filling in a paper form and posting it to the council’s admissions team, parents can complete their school application form and register for the Medway Test online.

From 9am on Tuesday, 7 September to 4pm on Sunday, 31 October, parents can name up to six secondary school choices for 2011.

Primary school admissions for 2011 can be made from 9am on Thursday, 30 September to 4pm on Saturday, 15 January, 2011. Parents can make up to four preferences.
Parents who want their child to take the Medway Test can also apply online until 4pm on Friday, 2 July.

Online admissions also reduce the anxiety of staring at the letterbox waiting for your Medway Test decision or your school offer on National Offer Day, as applicants who have applied online and provided an email address will receive their notifications by email after 4pm on the relevant date.

The government target for online application for 2011 admissions is 50 per cent of the total applications received. Medway only achieved seven per cent for 2010 admissions. Medway wants to beat this target for 2011 admissions.

Medway Council’s Portfolio Holder for Children’s Services Cllr Les Wicks said: “We want to give parents greater choice to apply for their child’s school place.

“There are numerous benefits of applying online. Applications are sent direct to the council and parents who have provided an email address will receive a copy of their completed form and they are emailed details of their child’s school place on national offer day and their child’s Medway Test decision if they registered online.”
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Argggrr I cant register online as I am out of Medway and it closes on Friday, Will be on the phone in the morning. Many thanks Ruby, I think the information is really cluttered because I checked last week and couldnt find anything for 2011 admission. I am not sure if she will sit it, but since there is no other chance to register so I may as well and see how things go in the next few months. Really appreciate your post. :D

Where are the manual forms send to? Can I not just pop in there and complete the forms on Thursday? I guess I will find out when I ring them
Impossible is Nothing.
paulap

Post by paulap »

I know it's a bit late but, if you haven't already registered, I would recommend doing it on line. It is worth it as you get the results emailled to you and also your school allocation emailled too so basically you get them a day earlier than those who applied on paper. After the fiasco with results last year, I was so pleased that I had gone along this route and didn't have to wait for letters to arrive.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Online would have been better but because I pay my council tax in Kent it wont let me register online. Only way seem to be paper forms :(
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

medway are being a bit strange here as i know from experience that kent let you register online even if you not in kent - hope you get it sorted sherry :)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Goodness I dont know which link I was using but they were equally suprised when I told them on the phone I was getting this odd question. Apparently I had gone through admissions link and I have now managed to register online for the test huh :)
Impossible is Nothing.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Yay!!! So does that officially make you 'the opposition'?! ;)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

rubyhettybetty wrote:Yay!!! So does that officially make you 'the opposition'?! ;)
A rather week one I must say :wink: more like German vs England
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now