Induction Days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jdwarwick

Induction Days

Post by jdwarwick »

How has it gone for everyone? Did your DCs enjoy their visits? We had a lovely time - dog with two tails here this afternoon. Roll on September. :D
paulap

Re: Induction Days

Post by paulap »

DD has hers at RGS last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. DS had a brief meeting with his Form Tutor at SJWMS but they don't do a full day which is a shame.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

My dd also had her induction at RGS - she enjoyed the lessons they had to do very much and began to make friends with a few girls, I do think she missed the boys though :lol:
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

My dd also really enjoyed her day at Fort Pitt yesterday. We were impressed by the organisation of the day too. DD did find walking home in the heat immediately after sport v hard going tho.
She is v excited
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

Hello EJ - it was hot wasn't it? I agree it was well organised - it was good that girls got to meet their forms and the tutors. The sixth formers were a great hit....it's all "X said this" and "X said that" - from the form time. I may ask X to say "clear your room". :lol: :lol:
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

yup room clearing help for an 11 yr old dd sorely needed in this part of Medway!! bombs , duvet s cushions books clothes, lego, etc all forming a lovely second"carpet". but she is playing very nicely ith he rlittle sister at the mo & it is so hot that will ignore it for the moment.

i thought the meeting of forms/form tutors - dd's form wrote the yr6 visitors welcome msgs on the board which was a lovely touch. She found fri at primary hard actually after being at FP she wanted to just carry on there. Mind u it probably didn't hep that she had another session of the whole class being told of for something when she hadn't even been in the room when the problem occurred. I have tried to tell her to let it wash over her when she knows she has behaved appropriately but she is v fed up up with this occurring almost weekly & keen to move on.
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

Agreed - they really have had enough now haven't they. Still it will all come around soon enough September 1st isn't that far away now. Exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.