Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
medwaymix

Open Evening

Post by medwaymix »

Went to Fort Pitt this evening - did anyone else? Would be interested in your impressions.
rubyhettybetty

Re: Open Evening

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Yes, we went, we were at the 7.45 speeches. I think the whole thing must be getting to me as I actually started weeping :-*

I dunno, I wasn't *much* impressed til the speeches, but I really liked the Head, and the girls were brilliant.

We haven't seen any other schools though, am expecting RGSG to be all shiny and new in comparison ...

Trying *not* to get fixated on FP as we live too far away to guarantee a place, esp given the numbers tthere last night!!!!

How about you?
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

We've been switching between Fort Pitt and Rochester all summer :? For a long time all we heard about was Fort Pitt, but then decided on RGS, it really does have the best reputation doesn't it? But last night we had a really good time and I was very impressed by the students and their obvious depth of feeling for their school. We were shown around by one of the new girls, her confidence and enthusiasm was amazing. She'd only been there for 2 weeks :o I was also interested to see that the results between the two schools are very similar and one is super selective and one isn't - so which really is the best?

We all loved the atmosphere of the school especially its "old" bits. So now Fort Pitt is the favourite but why do I think that will only be until the next school we visit? :? :?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Do you know when the open day is for Rochester Grammar?
Impossible is Nothing.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I think we're going to Rochester Grammar on Sat 16th October
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Do you know what time it is and if there are any other dates? Couldnt find info on their website.
Impossible is Nothing.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

DD did a 'taster evening' there without us before the summer hols..

The open morning is 9am til 1pm
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

Not doing the Saturday. We are going to the open mornings which are week beginning 18th October.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Hmmm, where did you see those advertised then?! lol
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Sherry - last year RGS held special open days/eves for kent girls and their parents - give them a call.

Ruby - Fort pitts head is very impressive - she has been instrumental in the schools success over the past 5 years
medwaymix wrote: I was also interested to see that the results between the two schools are very similar and one is super selective and one isn't - so which really is the best?
RGS is not really super- selective - most years their cut off is only about 15 points higher than the medway pass mark - 2 years ago it was only 8 points higher. A super-selective generally only takes those at the very top end of the scores.

Medwaymix -i sent you a private msg but i dont think you have picked it up yet :)