HERE WE GO !!!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rubyhettybetty

Re: HERE WE GO !!!!!!!

Post by rubyhettybetty »

sherry_d wrote:I wonder what the logic is behind sending results at 4pm. I am sure they dont want us to bombard them with calls earlier in the day. :lol: That Birmingham programme was a real insight with parents phoning to ask why their clever children didnt get in.
Maybe some parents would be texting their kids and causing all sorts of panic in the classroom/ playground!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Oh yeah, insane we are sometimes. I am sure our common sense goes out of the window sometimes in these cases. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just have nothing better to do than try and be creative and wish all of us the very best today. :D
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

i think they come at 4pm as those who are not getting emails (in dd1's day this was not possible) they have to wait until the morning to get the post - so they send the email at the last possible time before they all go home for the day. Then You lovely mums cant run up to the school and know the results and upset the people waiting for the post :lol:
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Maybe some parents would be texting their kids and causing all sorts of panic in the classroom/ playground![/quote]

Sorry of topic I know, may take the focus off the wait a bit. Are primary school kids allowed to take mobile phones to sch. surely not I hope. My dd does not even have a mobile phone yet and she's in yr 6. Am i just a mother from far away land?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

None of mine have phones, but I know primary school kids who DO have them - and one mother who rang her son in class!!!!!!!
TeamD

Post by TeamD »

My dd doesn't have a phone and won't be getting one until she can pay the phone bill!!!! Ha ha!! Unless she has to catch a bus/train to school - she doesn't need one!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

TeamD wrote:My dd doesn't have a phone and won't be getting one until she can pay the phone bill!!!! Ha ha!! Unless she has to catch a bus/train to school - she doesn't need one!
well my dd does have a phone - we live in a village so she playes out over the park with her friends - i like her to have it with her so i can call her if she is late etc - However her school do not allow mobiles so she cant take it with her on the bus! its been quite good for both of us - i cant text her every 5 mins asking if the bus is late or if she remembered her maths book! And it makes her feel independent they i am trusting her to get home without me watching over her via the phone! :)
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I think it's generally accepted that most kids have one when they start secondary, even though we will be driving them to school, they'll need to be contactable as to where they are or more likely if we are late! My nephew got his 2nd phone (on a contract) for his 9th birthday 8-)

I managed without one til I was 29!!!!! Only got it then as I was pregnant !
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

rubyhettybetty wrote:None of mine have phones, but I know primary school kids who DO have them - and one mother who rang her son in class!!!!!!!

Is this for real. Did that mum go to school at all? What is this world turning into? I told mine as well she cannot have a phone until she needs to take public transport to sch. Can't have that expense on top of everything else. She can do some chores for us when she needs it and get mthly credit in return. She will have to earn it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now