Rainham Mark OR Rochester Maths Boys......A BIG Dilemma!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
makaha

Rainham Mark OR Rochester Maths Boys......A BIG Dilemma!!!!!

Post by makaha »

Originally I was planning to put my DS at the RMGS which is within walking distance but however attending the Rochester Maths open evening has now confused me as to where I should send my DS. At the moment I'm not even sure if my DS will get admission to Rochester Maths due to the distance criteria so purely judging on the academic level and hear say, etc etc.. I would personally grade Rochester Maths slightly better.
So the dilemma now is which School????

Rainham Mark - local, Mixed, academically good.
Rochester Maths - 20mins away, Boys only, academically excellent.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
tiredmum

Re: Rainham Mark OR Rochester Maths Boys......A BIG Dilemma!

Post by tiredmum »

which did your son prefer?
I really like RMGS but i can only say that never having seen the maths school as i have girls.
However i do hear they are very different and i expect suit different children.
I didnt think RMGS was much differnet to the maths academically? :)
ausvic

Re: Rainham Mark OR Rochester Maths Boys......A BIG Dilemma!

Post by ausvic »

It really comes down to personal preference. No one school is 'better' than the other. They achieve similar results. I think the Maths is more formal and competetive (this is heresay from friends) than RMGS but the kids still achieve at RMGS. RMGS have very high academic expectations of the pupils. It depends what you want for your son. We chose RMGS and couldn't be happier. Have friends with son at Maths and is also happy. We are very lucky in Medway to have as many good grammars as we do and it really does come down to personal preference.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now