Didn't get Fort Pitt :(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiredmum

Re: Didn't get Fort Pitt :(

Post by tiredmum »

do you know if there is a direct bus route to fp? If not, does it provide the best travel options for you?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

There is a direct route to FP, whereas Chat Gram needs a half hour earlier start and a change of bus at the pentagon
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

well theres one bullet point for your appeal(transport), backed up with timetables.
If you are going to comment at the appeal about the fact they took 128 last year i wouldnt have it as a point in your appeal letter, i would just have it as a question ready when you are asked if you have anything you want to query with the school rep.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Who is the school rep? Is it ever a governor?

Hmm. Just spoken to the admissions lady again and she says she can't imagine a lot of movement from the waiting list, and she has sent out quite a lot of appeal forms as well!

They were 12 over subbed on 1st choices but then you have people who have changed their minds or 2nd choices etc :(
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

The school rep is who ever chooses to represent the school at the appeal. I think last year Mrs Bell did it herself. But it could be the school secretary or someone similar.

IMO you should state as one of your points that FP was your dd's first choice school - as you are correct others who maybe put FP as second choice and got their third choice will appeal too. And maybe a couple who have changed their minds. Dont be put off ruby - youve come this far.

Already got 2 possible appeal points - transport and choice!
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

ooooh you are a star...I just wish it was over though, and I wish I had this other family on board as well :(
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

rubyhettybetty wrote:ooooh you are a star...I just wish it was over though, and I wish I had this other family on board as well :(
Other family?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

There are just 2 girls from our school going for FP - and we are both suffering the same fate on distance. Our girls are best friends and want to be together if possible. They have been to nursery together - indeed I went to school with both the parents.

Our appeals will be pretty much identical but they are thinking of bailing out now and taking CGSG ....whereas we want to go as far as we can, I think we BOTH have a good case (it's the same case!)

Can we do a 'group' appeal?
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Ah i see, i very much doubt they do group appeals - you can pop over to the appeals thread and ask one of the experts. But i would think that even though your appeals are the same you would all be trying to make it individual to your child. Obviously if their dd is going to chatham girls you can share transport with them( if you attending to drive) - even if they dont appeal you could and if successful you then have the choice to accept FP or go with chatham.

Personally i think sometimes its good for friends to go to different secondarys - it can be less problematic for their friendship and enables them to spread their wings and make new friends without being told by old friend that they are being left out. I know at FP that they would be put in the same form if they are from same primary - this can cause problems. My dd1 went with a few girls from primary - one who she was close too - (though not as close as your dd and friend). When my dd made new friend in class, old friend started putting pressure on her - GIRLS! :lol:

dd2 - at RGS - was put in a form/class at RGS with out knowing anyone and she has really flourished with new friendships - still keeping up with best friends from primary who live locally.
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

Am sure everyone knows this but thought I'd post anyway. Appeals are in early May and you can just put "More information to follow" on the form for now and work on your appeal in the meantime. Admissions lady at FP is very nice and helpful. The appeal is going to be difficult because can't use transport problems, RGS is nearer school. Still the appeals section is very helpful.
Good luck to everyone - especially you ruby.
mm
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now