Didn't get Fort Pitt :(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymix

Re: Didn't get Fort Pitt :(

Post by medwaymix »

Didn't get FP either :( It's all been very difficult these last couple of days. I have been going through the appeals section, it is very helpful. Hope everyone else has better news.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

oooh Medway Mix - can we weep together then. Have you found out how far away you are compared with the cut off (so far?) What have you been offered?
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

No idea how far out, not really got down to details. Just been reading all the various appeal threads. Been offered RGS.
When it comes to tears there have been enough here to start a second River Medway. :?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

There seem to be so many 'what if's' on my mind atm. We put Chatham as 2nd as DD really didn't like RGSG for some reason :(

I gather they've gone out to 4.9 miles away, we are 7.8 miles away...light years away in fact!!!!

Will be going on waiting list and appeal I suppose
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

Same here for w.list and appeal. Sat nav says we are 6.8 away, mind you sat nav says a lot of stupid things at times :lol: Just trying to get my head round short but very focussed points to support appeal. That's what seems to be a common thread, being specific. It's hard though when you have so much more to say, it's not a good time at the moment is it ruby?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Well, we can only try the waiting list first, and take heart - you are in front of me!!!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

rubyhettybetty wrote:Well, we can only try the waiting list first, and take heart - you are in front of me!!!
:lol: :lol:
a sense of humour will get you far ruby :)

As we know FP took 4 on appeal ,out of over 20, last year.

The LEA made a mistake at allocation as they left out siblings. This amounted to 4 over the 120pan which they had to give places too. Then on appeal they added to make the class size up to 32.

One could mention this class size in an appeal as their final admission number last year was 128.

They do make me cross as they have plenty of room to open a whole extra class!
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

oooh tiredmum explain further?

PAN is 120

They forgot to add the siblings = +4 = 124

Then just 4 successful appeals out of over 20? Do you know the split between non qual appeals and over subscription?

That doesn't seem a high success rate!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

no it wasnt a high success rate - i dont know the split but what i am trying to say is if they have classes of 32 last year - without problems - why not again this year? You can pose this question(carefully) to the school rep at an appeal- which would mean 8 extra - now i dont know yet how many they are oversubscribed by - ring the school and ask - say you want to appeal. I wouldnt think it by more that 10 - and will all those appeal? i doubt it.

Is FP your nearest grammar ruby?
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I gather they are oversubscribed by 12...it's close isn't it!

YES - it's our nearest grammar!!!!!!

xx