Who is appealing for Fort Pitt then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rubyhettybetty

Re: Who is appealing for Fort Pitt then?

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Angrymum357 wrote:RGS are on 26-28 April..my DD failed by 4 so were offered Thomas Aveling but because of extentuating circs def feel we have to appeal, as you say RGS could be a practice run for us. How long do you have to accept a place if your appeal is successful ?? Obv FP is our DDs number one but if we are by some minor miracle successful at RGS can we hold on to see how FP goes before we accept ?? I can't wait until all this is over , at least my youngest is only in YR3 at moment...x

I have no idea - I've never done this before!!! I think you can hang on to the RGS place if FP was a higher choice...

I have DD2 to sit her test this Sept, and DD3 is Yr 3 as well!!!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Angrymum357 wrote:RGS are on 26-28 April..my DD failed by 4 so were offered Thomas Aveling but because of extentuating circs def feel we have to appeal, as you say RGS could be a practice run for us. How long do you have to accept a place if your appeal is successful ?? Obv FP is our DDs number one but if we are by some minor miracle successful at RGS can we hold on to see how FP goes before we accept ?? I can't wait until all this is over , at least my youngest is only in YR3 at moment...x
Yes if you were successful for RGS then accept, then if you are successful for FP decline RGS and accept FP.
Angry mum are you sure of the procedure you need to follow - if your dd had a failed review you need to prove at appeal that the review process was unfair before you can cover the over-subscription bit. Just wanted to check that you aware of this?
Angrymum357

Post by Angrymum357 »

Yeah thanks we know it's going to be tough, but hopefully we have some excellent evidence for proving review was unfair
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

Medway Mix - just thought - have you checked where you are on the waiting list? I wouldn't give up on FP just yet!!!
The school is up to its number and even if, like last year, just 3 get in on appeal that's still 4 to refuse places before going to the top girl on the waiting list and we aren't top :( So dd and her very close friend in Y7 but very unhappy at current school are probably going to move to same school weekly boarding not in Medway but not too far away. Been lots of discussions as you can imagine but now we think we are sorted.

So we aren't on the appeal list and the odds have improved for you ruby :) and angrymum and the others. In all honesty compared with your cases we wouldn't have stood a chance. Just couldn't imagine sitting there and saying actually our only case is we liked it so very much.

We are very lucky we have options and now we are going to take them. Maybe a few years down the line we will meet when dd applies to the sixth form!

Thanks for your thanks and good luck to you all. mm
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Ooooh, see I didn't know that's what happened! I thought that because RGS appeals are first, a number of girls who are appealing for RGS (having been offered FP) would accept RGS and leave a couple of spaces to be filled from the waiting list back up to PAN?

Also more girls who are appealing for both FP and RGS would be offered RGS and reduce the appeals pool further...

I thought all successful appellants were on top of the PAN?

Regardless, I am sure you've made the right choice for your DD, it sounds fabulous and I would do the same in your shoes...we are saving Indie for DD2 who prob won't get through the test ....

Thanks for posting your news
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now