How & when to apply?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Frustratedmum

How & when to apply?

Post by Frustratedmum »

Hi, I'm sorry if this answer is somewhere else or obvious, (I have looked & can't use the search facility on this aged laptop as it shows error everytime :oops: ), I was wondering if someone could help me with when & how to apply to take the Medway test?
I've also looked on the Medway council website & am having no luck there either. Obviously I could call them but thought if it is as easy as the Kent test (online) aplication, that would be better?
Many thanks

Sorry edited to add, for child 2012 entry
yoyo123

Re: How & when to apply?

Post by yoyo123 »

After a bit of searching around it seems that there will be an admissions booklet given out with all details, so maybe details of the test are in there?

http://www.medway.gov.uk/educationandle ... s2012.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry i couldn't be more helpful, maybe medwaymum will know more.
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Thanks yoyo, I appreciate your effort very much & will follow up on that start. We are registered for the Kent test as we come under KCC, but are applying for a Medway school first . Will give Medway a call in the morning.
Once again many thanks :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I think you can download the admissions brochure from the medwaysite
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Hi yoyo,
Did find out, applications have now started online on their website.
Many thanks again!!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi Frustratedmum - I think you still have a choice to do it online or manually. I would def recommend online as you find out the results the day before the paper results arrive in the post. You do not find out online any scores - just whether pass or not.

I always log in after completing my application just to check it all went through ok too.

Good luck :)
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Thanks medwaymum, all done, yay!!! As you said seems to make the most sense for sure, also that one day earlier feels like an absolute lifetime!! :lol:
Now back to worrying about the test :wink:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Frustrated mum - you will definitely be so glad of that one important day for sure! How's the revision/papers coming along?
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Hmmm, I find it so hard to gauge. When I did revision with DS1 it was a case of put the books in front of him & off he went. He's naturally bright, we were extremely lucky. With DD however it's actually work :wink: , we had to start with all the 'How to do' books, which is fine and understandable, she's bright but not in the same league as her brother. She did ok with them, she's grasped non-verbal very nicely, her word comprehension is much further behind than I'd realised (she's always read very well so I assumed it was ok), so verbal reasoning is slightly tough on her. Writing is ok but she struggles to finish a story and again vocabulary could be better.
She's a July born so one of the youngest so I expected a bit of a struggle. Having said that, what I did at the start of the year was give her Verbal, Non-Verbal & Maths full tests and she passed all 3 but by the skin of her teeth, I did this to try & show her how she's improved by the summer (hopefully). I've got lots of 6min tests to be going on with as well as books to work through from now until then. I've been nearly tempted to have a tutor but am torn between not really being able to afford it & maybe she really needs it :( Actually I wouldn't mind asking what your opinion on that would be, given that she's made some improvement but only slight? Sorry I've really gone on :lol: . Thank you for asking
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now