Views on schools - RGS, RMGS, MGGS and Invicta

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

monstermum

Views on schools - RGS, RMGS, MGGS and Invicta

Post by monstermum »

We visited a number of schools last year but none this year yet. Now have the 2 Medway possibilities to visit and depending on next Wednesday 2 Maidstone ones. Has anybody any thoughts on any of the schools we're considering? It's such a big decision to make in the next 3 weeks!! Sending myself mad thinking about them all so thought I'd come here for a bit of counselling lol.
Belinda

Re: Views on schools - RGS, RMGS, MGGS and Invicta

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penguin

Post by penguin »

Hi mm

these schools feature on our list of possibilities as well except RGS because I have a DD2 that will benefit from a sibling link. Have you been considering Chatham or Fort Pitt?
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Did you go to Fort Pitt open evening penguin? It is our second choice right now, and we went last year, but I forgot it was so early and we didn't go this year. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Will be at RGS on Saturday though - in the crush!
penguin

Post by penguin »

no Samlet, I didn't go because I registered her late for the Medway test

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm going next week in the morning - they're running them all week to see the school in action

but I do live too far away realistically
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

We're in Maidstone and RGS and RMGS have a bus which goes from town straight to the school. The other 2 are not doable for us. Interesting to hear other views........have found quite a few on here. Could do with 4 visits to each school to make a more informed decision!
penguin

Post by penguin »

ooooooh I'm in Maidstone too
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

penguin wrote:no Samlet, I didn't go because I registered her late for the Medway test

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm going next week in the morning - they're running them all week to see the school in action

but I do live too far away realistically
Sorry, I forgot - didn't mean to rub it in :) :)

I was just hoping to recover something after forgetting the open evening - bad mummy

Still, DD not bothered, she is set on RGS. I prefer RGS too, but feel I am letting her down if we don't explore the choice thoroughly.

I think one difficulty is that I know people with strong views both positive and negative about RGS, and I need to try and be sure which side of the fence we will be on in a year or two.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now