Medway 11+ English - Unfair??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bongo35

Medway 11+ English - Unfair??

Post by Bongo35 »

I don't know if this happens in other county's but I would be interested in answers. I have found out the same exercise used for the 11+ this year was also used two days later for the SEN children and possibly the out of county children the weekend after. I was under the impression the English paper would be changed each time so not to give any advantage to those who took the test later? I would have been very happy to have had 48 hours notice to prepare my child with the actual task rather than revising for a possible 7 different scenarios.
oob mum

Re: Medway 11+ English - Unfair??

Post by oob mum »

My daughter was actually sick (vomiting before and on the actual exam date). She did it 5 days later and we only got the letter 2 days before the new date so didn't have time to do any more practice especially as she was still recovering and I didn't want to put unnecessary stress on her. We live out of borough, so know nobody and even if I did know, I would never ask for the questions only because I want my daughter to pass/get in because she worked for it not because we cheated. What message will I be giving her?

So from my end, believe me, she was no better off doing it later. Moreso, we were looking forward to ending and going out to celebrate our 11+ journey sooner rather than later.
oneangrymum

Post by oneangrymum »

oob mum wrote:My daughter was actually sick (vomiting before and on the actual exam date). She did it 5 days later and we only got the letter 2 days before the new date so didn't have time to do any more practice especially as she was still recovering and I didn't want to put unnecessary stress on her. We live out of borough, so know nobody and even if I did know, I would never ask for the questions only because I want my daughter to pass/get in because she worked for it not because we cheated. What message will I be giving her?

So from my end, believe me, she was no better off doing it later. Moreso, we were looking forward to ending and going out to celebrate our 11+ journey sooner rather than later.
I think you misunderstood the post!
Last edited by oneangrymum on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notorious

Post by notorious »

I was quite surprised that students had the same question for English! I felt it was terribly unfair.

Some children had exams on Tues, some on Thurs, some on Sat and some the following week on Mon!
MadMum.com

Post by MadMum.com »

Hi the English paper they took on the tues/wed was different to the one taken in the Saturday.