Pass mark is 525!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I wish you good luck Choccie, let us know your progress. Fingers crossed your child may well get in on review by end of the month.
Gristley

Phew, it's over...

Post by Gristley »

I think we were more nervous than our son, and fortunately he sailed through with 639. Yes, we did both breathe a sigh of relief.

However, I cannot say this is thanks to our school as he has been seeing a tutor since Easter as well as receiving coaching at home, however they will no doubt suggest it was down to their efforts.

For those that didn't achieve 525 (I hate using the term 'fail' for kids of 10-11 as it really shatters confidence) don't give up hope just yet as many teachers will assist with appeals where they expected children to past on the basis of their classroom performance/SAT/forecast scores.

Congratulations to those with 525 or more, and good luck to those intending to appeal.
chatham grammar hopeful

Re: Phew, it's over...

Post by chatham grammar hopeful »

Gristley wrote:
However, I cannot say this is thanks to our school as he has been seeing a tutor since Easter as well as receiving coaching at home, however they will no doubt suggest it was down to their efforts.

Congratulations to those with 525 or more, and good luck to those intending to appeal.
Agree completely here. At school he hadn't covered many of the areas of maths that come up in the test. For this reason he went to a tutor.

Also congrats and good luck to everyone. Two of my sons friends missed it by 1 mark and are appealing.
line

11+ appeal

Post by line »

Hi
My son got 523, saw the head this am she said to apppeal. Have got the form out to fill in and it asks why you wish to appeal, I'd have thought this was obvious. Anyone done this before and have any ideas about what to put.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now