Not sure what to do now?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
singlemedparent

Not sure what to do now?

Post by singlemedparent »

The school are supporting a review even though my son was 31 marks adrift. I am so stressed now as I want to do the best for this last chance.
What sorts of things do I need to include on the review form? Please can anyone help

Post by Guest »

Go to the HOME page and then look at the Links on the left - There is one for Eleven Plus Appeals that is full of information that will hopefully answer all your questions.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I know that at our school, the head has sat down with parents and gone through the application and what to put in to it. Can you ask the school's advice? I think they want to see KS1 Sats results, Year 5 results and examples of work proving a high consistent standard.

Good luck.
11+ mum

Post by 11+ mum »

Well seems you got a good school there, as my daughter got exactly the same, (31 points away) which i found out today would have secured her a place in a grammer school last year and the year before! Her school told me they wouldn't support an appeal. Go for the appeal, if its what you believe is right then follow that. I still thinking of going for it and letting the school deal with it when they are approached. good luck
Concerned Mum

review, review, review.

Post by Concerned Mum »

I am going to put in for this review, so all we need at this stage is write a report/statement commenting on our child's capability I guess. Pls help, it is Wednesday and i have no idea on what to do. Everyone seems to be going on about appeal.
choccieaddict

Post by choccieaddict »

Concerned mum,
I was initially confused about reviews/appeals too. Basically this is my understanding...first stage: send in the request for a review letter stating your child's case, this must be at the Civic Centre by this Fri (I hand delivered mine, not trusting the post lately!). Should receive a reply on the 1st Dec. If it's a yes, all fine and good, but if its a no, still not deemed selective then we have the option of going through a second stage - an appeal (March time). I believe the appeal involves parent meeting with an independent panel (possibly accompanied by primary head?) and stating the case for the child again. Both panels see child's work as far as I can tell. According to Chatham Grammar, to whom I spoke yesterday, the grammar school in question may also contribute to the discussion (not sure whether that is in person or not). Not sure when the appeal decision is made, forgot to ask that! Also, you can appeal to/for than one grammar as far as I know.
Hope that helps in some way, and good luck.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Concerned Mum

Post by Concerned Mum »

Thanks all.