secondary admissions form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
liney

secondary admissions form

Post by liney »

Hi This is my first post on here so here goes -
My son took the 11+ and scored 523, we went through review process, and was deemed selective ability.
Im filling out the admissions form: I've put Rainham Mark Grammar as 1st choice, this is where he really wants to go. I'm deliberating about what to put next, he really liked Robert Napier, we did look at chat grammar for boys and the Howard, but disliked the Howard and I think he may struggle at chat gram as they push to do everything a year early! It is also awkward for us to get to. If I put R Napier as second choice, can we still appeal to try and get him to RMGS if he gets offered a place at R Napier? My older son is currently in y13 at RMGS and obviously won't be there next year!

Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks
hippo

Post by hippo »

If you don't get your first choice it's fine to appeal.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Having checked RMGS's oversubscription I see that they take in rank order. You definitely have nothing to lose by putting this first as it is truly your preference.
With regards to 2nd and 3rd place you must put them in your honest preference. If you really preferred Robert Napier to Chatham Boys then surely you must list this. Please remember though that you can appeal for any (1 or more) of the schools on your CAF form.
Good Luck! :)