Appealing over non-qualification

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Janniebabe

Appealing over non-qualification

Post by Janniebabe »

Hello,

My son missed out by 11 marks on Casual admission test Year 8 in (now in Year 9) having 98 in verbal reasoning, 123 in maths, nonverbal and quantitative. He is expected to score 111 in each of the batteries. The Maths school being my first preference reviewed his work and he was deemed non grammar selective. I have sent an appeal to Chatham Grammar School for boys as I listed the school also on my application form.

Could anyone advise on preparation or points to be submitted for his grammar ability?

many thanks
cockleshell

Re: Appealing over non-qualification

Post by cockleshell »

Hi
We appealed for non-qualification in year 6. My son missed out by 15 points on the overall Medway score, but we had it confirmed later that he was severely dyslexic. So evidence that we had of his grammar ability was a full dyslexia assessment which includes a number of intelligence assessments and many pages of commentary. These gave us really good grounding to explain why he was of grammar ability along with the significant progress that he had made in the 7 months between the results and the appeal (under a consistent teacher and setting). We also had his teacher at the appeal.
He is now at the Math and doing really well. It was definitely the right move for him.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now