advice about RGS uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ment

advice about RGS uniform

Post by Ment »

Hello,

Have looked on the school uniform site and am a bit overwhelmed . There are some that are marked by an asterix and I am assuming we have to buy them from the school shop , however what about the pe stuff... they need to have their names embroidered on them and how many of of each. Any tips would be great. Thanks
emmajane1

Re: advice about RGS uniform

Post by emmajane1 »

Simmonds offered a discount of 10% when we bought last summer if you made an appointment in the summer holidays at the shop (in the school ) http://www.simmonds-ltd.com/Schools/Roc ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
although sadly the discount isn't mentioned at the moment

embroidery is compulsory, need to get pe kit and all of uniform from simmonds. There is a second hand shop at the school too.

There are a couple of medway uniform selling groups on facebook via which we got some uniform which saved us a lot.

The uniform is extremely expensive. My daughter is still yr7 growing fast and needs a new blazer- £46! and that was the cheaper one.

quantity wise we have 1 of everything except jumper - 2 and blouses 2 twin packs (4 in total)

the kilt can be washed on a gentle 30 degree cycle as long as you hang it immediately

Hope this helps :)
Janniebabe

Post by Janniebabe »

Hello emmajane

Please could you help with link of medway group on Facebook via school could be bought.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

I know someone who has rebelled against the embroidery, but not easy to do when you are new and keen to impress.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now