Medway test advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Johnnyoldskool

Medway test advice

Post by Johnnyoldskool »

Hi there everyone,

I have a child taking the Medway Test in September and have been looking for information regarding the actual format of the test and how best I can get my child to practice. I've asked at the school and looked around the Medway council website but the information I've received has either been sketchy, confusing or both :shock:

Can anybody recommend what resources are best to study and how to get hold of them please? Who actually produces the tests for Medway and do they have samples you can buy?

I would really appreciate any tips and advice, I want to give my son the best chance of success.

Thanks in advance :)
Shevek

Re: Medway test advice

Post by Shevek »

olucares

Post by olucares »

Johnnyoldskool wrote:Hi there everyone,

I have a child taking the Medway Test in September and have been looking for information regarding the actual format of the test and how best I can get my child to practice. I've asked at the school and looked around the Medway council website but the information I've received has either been sketchy, confusing or both :shock:

Can anybody recommend what resources are best to study and how to get hold of them please? Who actually produces the tests for Medway and do they have samples you can buy?

I would really appreciate any tips and advice, I want to give my son the best chance of success.

Medway Test this year will be CEM. Have a look on the CEM section of this website, you can also purchase CEM 11+ books on Amazon.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

olucares wrote:
Johnnyoldskool wrote:Hi there everyone,

Medway Test this year will be CEM. Have a look on the CEM section of this website, you can also purchase CEM 11+ books on Amazon.
But please be aware that they won't actually be books containing material produced by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring at Durham University itself, unless all the publisher is selling your is a bound copy of the short familiarisation booklets available on the websites of the schools / LEAs / Consortia using CEM as their test provider. CEM itself does not publish any other practice material. So yes, what is in the books may well reflect what tutors have passed on to the publishers that their pupils remember from the excess they have taken (and the types of questions in the official familiarisation booklets, of course), but if the real thing turns out to be completely different from what is in the 'CEM' books, don't be too surprised.

(In sure there has already been one post along the lines of, my DC said the exam wasn't anything like the stuff in the books :shock: ...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Did you receive the familiarisation booklet in the post? Might help?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now