Medway School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anand76

Medway School

Post by Anand76 »

My daughter has scored 580 and we live OOC. I am also new to the Medway area however interested to move to this area. Please advise which is the best Grammar school in this area and also which school should I apply for?
scary mum

Re: Medway School

Post by scary mum »

I don't know the area, but the simple answer is that the best school is the one that suits your daughter's interests the best. Which one did you/she like the best when you visited? Which is the easiest to get to?
scary mum
Anand76

Post by Anand76 »

Any recommendations?
Juneboy

Post by Juneboy »

It's difficult for others to recommend as you would have to choose the school best suited when you went to visit. I see you asked a similar question on the bexley forum.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Juneboy wrote:It's difficult for others to recommend as you would have to choose the school best suited when you went to visit. I see you asked a similar question on the bexley forum.
And Medway...
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 48#p644148

Apart from the day your DD sat the exam, has she actually seen any of the schools, anywhere, that you apparently want her to go to?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mad?

Post by mad? »

Anand76 wrote:Any recommendations?
I assume what you meant to say was Thank You Scary Mum
mad?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Juneboy wrote:It's difficult for others to recommend as you would have to choose the school best suited when you went to visit. I see you asked a similar question on the bexley forum.
And Kent

Anand can I suggest that you look at the schools available to you in these areas and draw up a short list based on things that are important to you such as travel options, co-ed v single sex etc. There are an awful lot of schools in these three areas and you may get a better response if you narrow the search a little!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
olucares

Post by olucares »

Anand76 wrote:Any recommendations?
Single sex for girls, there are 3 options
Rochester Grammar School - perceived as being the most academic, have huge demand, admit based on scores, some current students say they are quite pushy, it depends if you see that as a good thing or a bad thing.
Fort Pitt - admit based on distance
Chatham Grammar school - only a few people tend to pick this as first choice compared to the other two going by the statistics provided on Medway Council website, and as at last year was under-subscribed on allocations day but fill up with appeals.

As other people have pointed out, there are several factors to consider, hope the above helps.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

RGS's own online prospectus seems to stress the constant pushing of pupils. Some parents might be impressed by that. For me it was a negative. I take it as given that any grammar is going to push it's children to achieve their potential, but would rather hear about other things such as pastoral care, music, community etc.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sparklecat wrote:RGS's own online prospectus seems to stress the constant pushing of pupils. Some parents might be impressed by that. For me it was a negative. I take it as given that any grammar is going to push it's children to achieve their potential, but would rather hear about other things such as pastoral care, music, community etc.
But no-one is going to send their DD thirty plus miles to an academically selective school to have her made to feel warm and cared for - this is probably the whole ethos of the local comprehensive schools that they are trying to get away from :lol: .

OP, you are actually allowed to post responses to other people's responses to your repeated requests to make your CAF decisions for you, you know. Even if it is only to tell me that there is no need to be quite so pithy, thank you. No doubt it is very stressful, choosing somewhere to send your 11 year old to, five days a week, thirty nine weeks a year, for the next 5 or 7 years, based on information from strangers who know nothing about your DD's particular strengths / weaknesses / opinions as to what she - or even you :shock: - might consider important, but you could make it a bit easier for everyone to help you, honest.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now