Distances and previous year cut offs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
34drive

Distances and previous year cut offs

Post by 34drive »

Hi, I'm just looking at the school admission procedures for various schools in Medway. They say the distances are measured by the Medway Council Geographical System. Is there any way of accessing this online anywhere does anyone know? Also, I'm not sure how to find out what the previous year distance cut offs were - is there a simple way to find this out or is it by contacting the schools directly to find this out?

Thanks for any advice.
34drive

Re: Distances and previous year cut offs

Post by 34drive »

I've found the furthest distance information - from the Medway Council's website :) Now just wondering about how to find out if it's possible to access to the geographical system... Thanks.
Juneboy

Post by Juneboy »

Not sure the furthest distance as that depends on the school but Rochester, Holcombe and Chatham Grammars take children from about 20 miles away.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

34drive wrote:I've found the furthest distance information - from the Medway Council's website :) Now just wondering about how to find out if it's possible to access to the geographical system... Thanks.
Have you tried asking the local authority for unofficial distance from your home to the school(s) in which you are interested?
Last edited by ToadMum on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
34drive

Post by 34drive »

Thank you both. No I've not tried global authority - I'll look into it. Thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

34drive wrote:Thank you both. No I've not tried global authority - I'll look into it. Thanks.

Oops! Sorry, phone strikes again :roll:

local authority...

Have edited :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now