Rgs or Fort Pitt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kate82x

Re: Rgs or Fort Pitt

Post by Kate82x »

Ka_tin wrote:
Kate82x wrote:I understand your turmoil.

We have been viewing schools all week & still have RGS on Saturday.

My daughter sat Kent & Medway so before the results we felt that we should view some Kent schools also in case she passed one but not the other.
It turns out one of our ‘back up’ Schools, Invicta, we have fallen in love with.
We still have RGS to view but I can’t belive it will come close for us.
Fort Pitt was a strong 2nd but I don’t think we’ll get in on catchment being on the very edge of the Medway border.

Like you our dilemma is transport. We don’t know anyone that goes to any other school & will mean her travelling by bus/coach as I start work much earlier than her starting.
Although I don’t consider her sheltered she is in no way able to get the bus alone.

I wish there was some sort of child care provider that did school runs for this age group.
We have heard very positive things about invicta, I wish we've viewed it as my dd has also passed both Kent and Medway tests. Where are you in Medway? We are in walderslade so also on the border and I am really not sure if we are close enough to get into fort pitt if we put it first. Visitin RGS tomorrow and I hope we all love it as it is the easiest school to get to for us.

We didn’t expect to love it as much as we did.
We saw Rainham mark last night & it was pleasant enough but not a favourite as such.
We’re in Walderslade too.
I found out there’s a coach that goes from Walderslade village to Invicta that I like the sound of better that a public transport bus.
Ka_tin

Post by Ka_tin »

Kate82x wrote:
Ka_tin wrote:
Kate82x wrote:I understand your turmoil.

We have been viewing schools all week & still have RGS on Saturday.

My daughter sat Kent & Medway so before the results we felt that we should view some Kent schools also in case she passed one but not the other.
It turns out one of our ‘back up’ Schools, Invicta, we have fallen in love with.
We still have RGS to view but I can’t belive it will come close for us.
Fort Pitt was a strong 2nd but I don’t think we’ll get in on catchment being on the very edge of the Medway border.

Like you our dilemma is transport. We don’t know anyone that goes to any other school & will mean her travelling by bus/coach as I start work much earlier than her starting.
Although I don’t consider her sheltered she is in no way able to get the bus alone.

I wish there was some sort of child care provider that did school runs for this age group.
We have heard very positive things about invicta, I wish we've viewed it as my dd has also passed both Kent and Medway tests. Where are you in Medway? We are in walderslade so also on the border and I am really not sure if we are close enough to get into fort pitt if we put it first. Visitin RGS tomorrow and I hope we all love it as it is the easiest school to get to for us.

We didn’t expect to love it as much as we did.
We saw Rainham mark last night & it was pleasant enough but not a favourite as such.
We’re in Walderslade too.
I found out there’s a coach that goes from Walderslade village to Invicta that I like the sound of better that a public transport bus.
We've not even bothered with rainham mark as there are no buses from walderslade :(
Are you referring to 150 farleigh coaches bus to maidstone? Or is there another one?
I'm looking at all the options now because I'm not too sure how I feel about my girl traveling to Chatham station every morning, I just don't like that bit of Chatham :(
Ahh.. I wish we viewed maidstone schools, I've emailed invicta to see if we can pop round next week, I'm not hoping for the reply though.
Kate82x

Post by Kate82x »

Ahh good.
I was going to suggest getting in touch. A lot of the schools do taster mornings etc.

I think for us Invicta was the right balance of pushing but a strong emphasis on nurture.
The facilities there were amazing.
We loved the options of the clubs etc they did. The head was great.
I think you just get a strong feeling for every school you go to view & that one was by far the strongest for us.
I sat watching the heads speech & thought this is exactly what I want for her.
My daughter has nicknamed it Hogwarts. She’s totally set on it.

Yes I think that was the coach company.
Are you on the lordswood & Walderslade community group on Fb?

I put a post on there last weekend for transport options & there was lots of good info.
If you search on the group ‘grammar transport’ it’ll come up. It was really helpful.
We’ve only lived here for the last year so I’m not familiar with any of the schools & am still finding my way about locally so don’t have a clue what’s available.
Ka_tin

Post by Ka_tin »

Kate82x wrote:Ahh good.
I was going to suggest getting in touch. A lot of the schools do taster mornings etc.

I think for us Invicta was the right balance of pushing but a strong emphasis on nurture.
The facilities there were amazing.
We loved the options of the clubs etc they did. The head was great.
I think you just get a strong feeling for every school you go to view & that one was by far the strongest for us.
I sat watching the heads speech & thought this is exactly what I want for her.
My daughter has nicknamed it Hogwarts. She’s totally set on it.

Yes I think that was the coach company.
Are you on the lordswood & Walderslade community group on Fb?

I put a post on there last weekend for transport options & there was lots of good info.
If you search on the group ‘grammar transport’ it’ll come up. It was really helpful.
We’ve only lived here for the last year so I’m not familiar with any of the schools & am still finding my way about locally so don’t have a clue what’s available.
How did you get on in RGS this morning? My dd didn't think it was the best school for her :( and I agree to be honest. Now back to the square one! I will search for you post on facebook when I get back from work, it will be good to get in touch in case we end up at Invicta in the end!
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Is MGGS on your list?
Ka_tin

Post by Ka_tin »

Sparklecat wrote:Is MGGS on your list?
The problem is we've missed all the open days in maidstone schools as we were only considering Medway grammars at first and RGS in particular as my daughter has been totheir taster evening and loved it there. But after looking at other schools and going to an open day at RGS today, she has changed her mind and the only school on the list now is fort pitt but I really think we should look at maidstone schools too before we make that final decision. I'm not sure if they will let us visit but I will ring them and try to arrange next week.
Kate82x

Post by Kate82x »

We’ve just got back from RGS & actually really liked it.
It’s a strong 2nd for us with Invicta still the favourite.
I did really like Fort Pitt too but I think that will sit about 3rd for us although I think we’re slightly out of catchment.

We did view Maidstone too but just don’t think it’s right for us.

Definitely. Feel free to keep in touch.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now