Fort Pitt oversubscription criteria, will we get in

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bertie28

Fort Pitt oversubscription criteria, will we get in

Post by Bertie28 »

Hey all

My daughter passed the Medway 11+ which was great news! We are now deciding on which Grammar school would best suit her needs! She is swaying to Fort Pitt as the majority of her friends are keen to go there over RGS. And to be honest out of the two schools I preferred Fort Pitt. We live in Strood and are 2.3 miles from the school. Because we aren’t within 2 miles and aren’t in a Parish we are bottom of the over subscription criteria. What do you think our chances are of getting in? I’m hopeful we will but am panicking that if we don’t, we defo wont get RGS on second choice and we have no third choice. So there is a risk (hopefully small) that we don’t get Fort Pitt and the LA allocate us another school that we don’t want. Am hoping to hear from others who live a similar distance away who got in to Fort Pitt!

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Fort Pitt oversubscription criteria, will we get in

Post by hermanmunster »

hopefully you will get some info but meanwhile really is worth thinking about third slot, you want to have some control over the place and not somewhere miles away that the LEA can't fill!
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

Hard to tell this year because of the change to admissions at Rochester. Traditionally, local girls who hadn’t scored high enough in the Medway test for Rochester tended to go to Fort Pitt. But this year, Rochester are admitting on distance and not score.

Personally, I think you’ll be ok. Fort Pitt went out over 3miles for 2019 allocations and 2.8miles for 2018 https://new.medway.gov.uk/education/sch ... mar-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bertie28

Post by Bertie28 »

hermanmunster wrote:hopefully you will get some info but meanwhile really is worth thinking about third slot, you want to have some control over the place and not somewhere miles away that the LEA can't fill!
Thank you. I think I will put Chatham Grammar as third choice :)
Bertie28

Post by Bertie28 »

Taraific wrote:Hard to tell this year because of the change to admissions at Rochester. Traditionally, local girls who hadn’t scored high enough in the Medway test for Rochester tended to go to Fort Pitt. But this year, Rochester are admitting on distance and not score.

Personally, I think you’ll be ok. Fort Pitt went out over 3miles for 2019 allocations and 2.8miles for 2018 https://new.medway.gov.uk/education/sch ... mar-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the reassurance. I will take a look.
ctc123

Post by ctc123 »

My daughter attends Fort Pitt and loves it there. I would check with the school on their prior years intake from schools in your location. Also check Kent Advice website, which is really useful. If you were unsuccessful, you could wait list for the school, but would mean a change of school, which is not ideal, but my daughter did this and was fine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now