Transport from Greenwich to Holcombe Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

orekan

Transport from Greenwich to Holcombe Grammar School

Post by orekan »

My DS passed the Medway test. We are out of catchment and looking at transport options from Greenwich to Holcombe Grammar School.

I would be grateful to hear of anyone else's experience travelling the same route and whether they go by bus, coach or train.

Thank you in advance.
Sparklecat

Re: Transport from Greenwich to Holcombe Grammar School

Post by Sparklecat »

Trainline has the journey from Greenwich to Chatham taking over an hour. Then Google maps shows a 25 minute walk to the school. Plus waiting times and your home to Greenwich station. That's up to two hours journey each way, every day, for years to come. I wouldn't ask my child to do that.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Did you apply for Holcombe in the end?
orekan

Post by orekan »

I attended the school tour yesterday. Found this really useful to see the kids working on a school day.

I also found out about transport options for OCC from my area. There are several private coach options and the journey from my area to the school is 45 minutes. This obviously comes at a cost of between approx £500 to £900 per term!!!

My DS passed the Kent test but the score is not high enough for OCC.
Poplol

Post by Poplol »

orekan wrote:I attended the school tour yesterday. Found this really useful to see the kids working on a school day.

I also found out about transport options for OCC from my area. There are several private coach options and the journey from my area to the school is 45 minutes. This obviously comes at a cost of between approx £500 to £900 per term!!!

My DS passed the Kent test but the score is not high enough for OCC.
I think you juts require a pass for holcombe. The score your DS got might not.be high enough for the Kent grammars but should work for Holcombe
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now