Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 am 

Hi Can anyone help me please. My son passed the medway test with a score of 560. We live in Maidstone. What schools can we apply for in Medway and what are the chances we get in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:18 am 

slim76 wrote:
Hi Can anyone help me please. My son passed the medway test with a score of 560. We live in Maidstone. What schools can we apply for in Medway and what are the chances we get in.

The only school you have a chance of getting in Medway I think is Holcombe. Like I said in a previous thread, you stand a very high chance of getting in. The other 2 schools ( Rainham Mark & Rochester Maths) never really come out more than 4 miles, Rainham Mark actually less than 3 miles.

edit: It doesn't stop you from listing the other schools though, as it would give you an option to appeal if not offered.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:23 pm 

Thank you so much. Do you know how far out Holcombe go to generally. I think we are 6.1 miles away. There admissions criteria seems to have many things they take into account before distance.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:39 pm 

slim76 wrote:
Thank you so much. Do you know how far out Holcombe go to generally. I think we are 6.1 miles away. There admissions criteria seems to have many things they take into account before distance.

For the current year 7, I have friends in Thamesmead whose children got in, Thamesmead which is more than 20 miles away. I saw some info somewhere recently that showed 67 of their current Year 7 intake is ooc. I understand how you feel, relax and breathe. You're not too far away, you'll be fine if you have either a Kent or Medway pass.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:50 pm 

Thank you that is great to hear. Does anyone have any opinions on Holcombe grammar as I understand that it was in special measures in the past and deemed inadequate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:03 pm 

Check website Kent Advice, a very useful resource. Our friends boys attended the school and all have great careers.