Medway boys grammars for ooc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

slim76

Medway boys grammars for ooc

Post by slim76 »

Hi Can anyone help me please. My son passed the medway test with a score of 560. We live in Maidstone. What schools can we apply for in Medway and what are the chances we get in.
olucares

Re: Medway boys grammars for ooc

Post by olucares »

slim76 wrote:Hi Can anyone help me please. My son passed the medway test with a score of 560. We live in Maidstone. What schools can we apply for in Medway and what are the chances we get in.
The only school you have a chance of getting in Medway I think is Holcombe. Like I said in a previous thread, you stand a very high chance of getting in. The other 2 schools ( Rainham Mark & Rochester Maths) never really come out more than 4 miles, Rainham Mark actually less than 3 miles.

edit: It doesn't stop you from listing the other schools though, as it would give you an option to appeal if not offered.
slim76

Post by slim76 »

Thank you so much. Do you know how far out Holcombe go to generally. I think we are 6.1 miles away. There admissions criteria seems to have many things they take into account before distance.
olucares

Post by olucares »

slim76 wrote:Thank you so much. Do you know how far out Holcombe go to generally. I think we are 6.1 miles away. There admissions criteria seems to have many things they take into account before distance.
For the current year 7, I have friends in Thamesmead whose children got in, Thamesmead which is more than 20 miles away. I saw some info somewhere recently that showed 67 of their current Year 7 intake is ooc. I understand how you feel, relax and breathe. You're not too far away, you'll be fine if you have either a Kent or Medway pass.
slim76

Post by slim76 »

Thank you that is great to hear. Does anyone have any opinions on Holcombe grammar as I understand that it was in special measures in the past and deemed inadequate.
ctc123

Post by ctc123 »

Check website Kent Advice, a very useful resource. Our friends boys attended the school and all have great careers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now