Timings for Maths and Verbal Reasoning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ciaowood

Timings for Maths and Verbal Reasoning

Post by ciaowood »

Apologies, I have another question!

I have the timings for the extended writing but does anyone know how long the maths test will be and, subsequently, the verbal reasoning please?

May thanks.
olucares

Re: Timings for Maths and Verbal Reasoning

Post by olucares »

ciaowood wrote:Apologies, I have another question!

I have the timings for the extended writing but does anyone know how long the maths test will be and, subsequently, the verbal reasoning please?

May thanks.
Medway Verbal Reasoning and Maths is CEM. Each section is timed and children aren't allowed to go back to the previous section once they've been stopped. I doubt anyone can tell you exactly what the different timings are for ALL the sections. What I know though is that they are very tightly timed. My son (who sat 2019) told me the shuffled sentences section was 16 questions in 6 minutes.

What school are you aiming for? The pass mark has been relatively low in the last few years since they moved to CEM. If your child has strengths in either Maths or Writing (preferably both), then he/she should be fine.
ciaowood

Re: Timings for Maths and Verbal Reasoning

Post by ciaowood »

Thanks Olucares. It's pretty daunting for them to see so many questions with so little time to answer them isn't it :shock: Thanks for the timings.

At this stage, a pass for us would be amazing as we're not looking at super selectives, and we're pretty much in catchment.

Thanks.