GOOD LUCK FOR RESULTS DAY

Eleven Plus (11+) in Northern Ireland

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ronnie

GOOD LUCK FOR RESULTS DAY

Post by Ronnie »

Although I now live in Lincolnshire in England, I was born and brought up in Northern Ireland and my nephew is nervously waiting for his results this weekend. I just really wanted to wish everyone good luck. My daughter found out she had passed her 11plus in October and was thrilled. My son didn't pass 4 years ago and is thriving and loving his local comprehensive. Please don't be too disheartened if you don't pass.

Good Luck xx
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Hi - hope everyone got the results they were hoping for. Does anyone know what kind of test will be done this year as they have now scrappe the 11plus??????????????????????????????????????
By the way, my nephew got a B2 - so hopefully he will get a Grammar place.
Stephen McConkey

Post by Stephen McConkey »

Hi Ronnie

It looks like the 11+ this year (ie school year 2009-2010) will be of two types. It appears that one exam will be set by AQE (Association for Quality Education) and will consist of questions in English and maths. Their website contains a lot of info. The other test may be set by NFER and may consist of Verbal reasoning type questions. It is thought that maintained sector schools are setting this test.
Regards
Stephen McConkey

Post by Ronnie »

Thanks - I have just seen my previous post - apologies for the awful spelling!!!
dottiedoodah

moving to northern ireland

Post by dottiedoodah »

hi we are moving from england in the summer does anyone know the eqivalent grade for a score of 134. we have been told our daughter needs an A grade to get into the school we would like. she is in her first year at a grammer school in buckinghamshire
thanks for any help