Grammar schools in West Yorkshire grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

animas1234

Grammar schools in West Yorkshire grammar

Post by animas1234 »

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the names of the grammar schools in West Yorkshire as I am looking for a grammar school for my daughter. If anyone could help that would be great. Could anyone please also let me know if they would know whether which grammar school to go for based on school results? Thankyou!
hermanmunster

Re: Grammar schools in West Yorkshire grammar

Post by hermanmunster »

did you have any thoughts from the comments on the previous thread ?

Which schools - have you looked at? Suspect any will be quite some distance from you and would involve travelling

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 54#p752054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
animas1234

Post by animas1234 »

Hi thanks for your response. I don’t mind the travelling just after someone to tell me what the good grammar schools in West Yorkshire are. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The Grammar Schools in West Yorkshire are :

Crossley Heath
North Halifax
Heckmondwike

Please don't underestimate the travel - it is day after day for 7 years and from experience, getting anywhere round there in the morning seems to take forever.
doodles

Post by doodles »

animas1234 wrote:Hi thanks for your response. I don’t mind the travelling just after someone to tell me what the good grammar schools in West Yorkshire are. Thanks
Remember it's your dc doing the travelling and not you. What seems eminently doable to an adult can be daunting to a child of 11. Distance also impacts on social activities, after school clubs, Saturday morning sport etc etc. Just something to think about as you make your choices.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
animas1234

Post by animas1234 »

Thankyou for your response. Yes I will think about all things considered but just thought I would ask for other peoples help and advice. Do any of these schools offer school bus services where I can possibly drop my child off and then she takes the school bus from there? Also out of the three grammar schools you have mentioned does anyone know which one is the better performing? Thankyou
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You can search for and compare schools' performance on this website:
https://www.gov.uk/school-performance-t ... 1603715729
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
animas1234

Post by animas1234 »

Thankyou very much