Online application for Skipton schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nathair

Online application for Skipton schools

Post by Nathair »

Hi, I don't know if this is common knowledge; I only just found out, but if you are out of catchment for Skipton Girls or Ermysted's Grammar you can register online for the selection tests.
http://www.northyorks.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3975
I just did it for my DD and it's really easy.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hello Nathair :D

I had forgotten how early you take the test in North Yorkshire. :shock:

Good Luck to you and your DD.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Thanks, my DD isn't 10 for 2 more weeks, yet research for exam dates and open days has been under way for a couple of months! The familiarisation selection test was on the 9th September last year with the actual tests on the 12th and 16th of September!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That's right - the skipton exams certainly are early!! However they do seem to accept applications from out of area up until late august.

Nathair, are you having a go at Clitheroe as well?
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Yeah, Clitheroe is actually 1/2 a mile closer to us, we live pretty much smack in the middle of them and in the catchment for neither :x All we can do is hope for the best, DD is capable I'm sure (see my other topic today) but I know our chances are slim being OOA :(
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Nathair!!!

DD did very well in the year 5 SATS!!!

Skipton Girls offered out to about 13.5 miles for the current year 7 but I have heard that the offers for the new year 7 in September are closer- probably about 10 miles though I am not completely sure. ... how far away are you????
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

According to google maps 11.5 miles/22mins by road from Skipton Girls High and 10.7 miles/25 mins from Clitheroe Royal.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

aargh - you really are in the middle aren't you???? when you get the results of skipton (mid Oct and before the CAF has to be in) you get told the distances for the last year.

I know it is tighter for this year as some of the Ilkey area haven;t got in and often do - not exactly sure how far that is - I'll try and work it out later.... Might have been a one year blip as 13 miles is usually about the distance.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Yep, right in the middle :roll: If moving was an option I would, but it isn't, so all we can do is hope.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Well it seems to have worked. We received a letter today confirming DD is "entered on the list of applicants" for Skipton Girl's and details will be sent out soon.
Arrgh it all seems so real now!!!!! :oops: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now