Getting disheartened

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Haze

Post by Haze »

optimistic! wrote: Well we did have a choice of two others. That is until older DD decided to turn down the 6th form place at her existing school and go to the catchment school instead. Now we have a choice of grammar school and one other.
Not sure I understand that fully. Are you saying DD is changing primary schools for the last year?

Why not put CH as the thirs choice? If it is, in fact, be your only third choice.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:
optimistic! wrote: Well we did have a choice of two others. That is until older DD decided to turn down the 6th form place at her existing school and go to the catchment school instead. Now we have a choice of grammar school and one other.
Not sure I understand that fully. Are you saying DD is changing primary schools for the last year?

Why not put CH as the thirs choice? If it is, in fact, be your only third choice.
No, my older DD is going to 6th form in September (she's 16) and is changing schools to go to a different one for 6th form. We would have got DD into her secondary school if she didn't pass the 11+ but we won't now because we don't live near enough and won't have the benefit of the sibling rule.

There is no point in putting CH as the 3rd choice as it'd be behind the catchment school so wouldn't be considered anyway.