Calderdale pretest

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Haze

Post by Haze »

Like Optimistic, we'll apply to the GS anyway. This test result will just be an indicator of how hard we need to work between now and December!
:?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Like Optimistic, we'll apply to the GS anyway. This test result will just be an indicator of how hard we need to work between now and December!
:?
We just got the results, nased on performance DD would not get a place - she got 107/141 on VR and 33.8/70 on the maths. That puts her in the 50%-75% group.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go as well as hoped.

As I said earlier, my DS had a big improvement between the pretest and actual test. This is just a practice test.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go as well as hoped.

As I said earlier, my DS had a big improvement between the pretest and actual test. This is just a practice test.
Thanks. Fingers crossed!

The only consolation is that she got a lower percentage than she usually does when doing papers at home, maybe when she's more familiar with the process she will do better.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

My DS was a bit overwhelmed with the pre-test. I think that it was an invaluable experience for him and he took the actual test much more in his stride.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:My DS was a bit overwhelmed with the pre-test. I think that it was an invaluable experience for him and he took the actual test much more in his stride.
That is what I am thinking, plus she usually gets around 19% more on VR than she did in the pretest and around 15% more in Maths so that would make quite a difference I think - clutching at straws!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It seemed to me that the a small increase in the standardised score raised your ranking considerably i.e. disproportionately.

edit: I hope that makes sense :?
Haze

Post by Haze »

I'm there with you Optimistic...

103/141 on the VR; 48.6/70 on the Maths - Total 151.6
However 151.9 would have put him in the grey "reading assessed" area so, taking the fact he was only 0.3 marks below that line, I think we're still going for it with some work to do.

What was her overall mark Opti? (you don't mind me calling you Opti do you? :lol: )
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:I'm there with you Optimistic...

However 151.9 would have put him in the grey "reading assessed" area so, taking the fact he was only 0.3 marks below that line, I think we're still going for it with some work to do.

What was her overall mark Opti? (you don't mind me calling you Opti do you? :lol: )
140.8 was her overall score :( Jus touside the reading assesed area
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

[quote="Haze"]I'm there with you Optimistic...

DD got 107 on the VR so not much different to your DS but 34 on the maths so quite a way short.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now