results calderdale

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Conseils

Re: results calderdale

Post by Conseils »

If I could get an image into the forum I would post a graph but here goes..
With a current R^2 correlation of 0.9999 (i.e if the figures are right the equation is right)

Y = -7.5654 * X + 1571.2

Y = Awarded position
X = Exam score

I re read the pre test letter just now and in theory I believe there are around 310 places "The grammar schools do not have a pass mark as such, but the standard is roughly the same each year and the 310 children with the higher scores in the admissions tests are offered places";

What one can see from the equation is that very small differences in score make a huge difference in position.

No the link between getting a place and the exam is not certain due to the LEA rules and how the form was filled out. This why the letter is worded the way it is.

Good luck with the process.
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Our DS came 324th. Is this hopeful? He had a dreadful morning and thought he had completely failed so we are pleasantly surprised that he is even in with a chance! Do we need to do anything at this stage about asking for reallocation or will that all be explained after March 1? Any help appreciated!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Last year I know rank 333 received an offer on allocation day - so certainly hopeful. :)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 33#p234644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See post by hgmum2
Conseils

Post by Conseils »

:D So to announce to the world, our youngest son has wildly exceeded our expectations having worked incredibly hard achieving an outstanding result.

We worked from home I did the Maths, my wife did Verbal reasoning the eldest did hard problems (how many sheep in a field of 100 legs.... and 2 turkeys).

So what does 11 hours hard study a week for a year, 360 pounds of work books, one truly dedicated young man and nearly a divorce get you ?

201 points and 50th ranking. - Well done son

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations. :D
Conseils wrote:nearly a divorce
They are both good schools but definitely not worth a divorce!!! :lol: :lol:
dorisbabs

Post by dorisbabs »

mitasol wrote:Places will be offered in rank order, however it will depend on the preferences you listed on your Common Application Form. From the preferences you listed you will be offered the highest preference school for which you qualify. So as Conseils has mentioned, some children will be taking up places elsewhere and the rank offers will go beyond 310.
Thankyou, so a rank of 303, should get offered a place as 1st and 2nd choices were both the GS's.... I am right, aren't I?
Last edited by dorisbabs on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Thankyou, so a rank of 303, should get offered a place as 1st and 2nd choices were bothe the GS's.... I am right, aren't I?
Yes -that is right. :D

Congratulations.
dorisbabs

Post by dorisbabs »

:o :lol:
mitasol wrote:
Thankyou, so a rank of 303, should get offered a place as 1st and 2nd choices were bothe the GS's.... I am right, aren't I?
Yes -that is right. :D

Congratulations.
Whey hey, wup! wup! (dancing as I type. Just needed a second opinion. Thankyou. My first child is at NHGS year 11 and when he found out back then you didn't hear until 1st March when you simply found out which school had been allocated. I haven't dare believe it today incase I had got it wrong. Thankyou for geting back to me. :lol: [/color
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

You're welcome! :lol:
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Thanks Mitasol. If he doesn't receive an offer on allocation day would we be eligible to put his name down on the waiting list? Is all that explained when you are given your allocation? Sorry, just no idea what happens in borderline cases like this.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now