Allocations letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tricky

Allocations letters

Post by tricky »

Hi everyone . Not long to go now...ten days and counting. Nervous but just want all the waiting to finally be over. DD seems a lot calmer ! Guess everyone else feeling the same. Good luck to you all.
annie321

Re: Allocations letters

Post by annie321 »

Which school is your daughter hoping for? Our son came 324th, which is a miracle as he had a total meltdown and didn't finish the VR by a long way, so we have a really nervous wait. He just wants to know where he's going so he can get used to the idea! I wish the allocation day and the 11 plus results day were a bit closer together. Six weeks feels like forever!
tricky

Post by tricky »

Hi . We put skipton first then crossleys and north hx third. She was ranking 181. Then two local comps fourth and fifth.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

How far are you from Skipton?

numbers passing were low this year (I think) and not cleat how many have been added on appeal.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Hi we are nine miles. 7 non selection appeals were upheld apparently so we are hopeful but just want the piece of paper in our hands !
annie321

Post by annie321 »

I don't understand why in some areas you can choose five schools and in some only three. It's an odd system. We put the two Calderdale grammars and then the local comp. If we'd had five choices, we could have gone for another grammar as well.
annie321

Post by annie321 »

By the way, what is a non selection appeal?!
tricky

Post by tricky »

We are in Bradford LEA. I think 5 choices is a relatively new addition to the CAF.
tricky

Post by tricky »

An appeal for not being successful in the test.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Time goes so slowly at this stage!! :twisted: At least we are in the final stages now. :D

Annie wrote: I don't understand why in some areas you can choose five schools and in some only three.
Bradford introduced 5 choices for the first time this admission cycle. Calderdale is introducing 5 choices from September 2013. http://www.calderdale.gov.uk/education/ ... cheme.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now