EMG Familiarisation test - Harder, easy or same?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
janet71

EMG Familiarisation test - Harder, easy or same?

Post by janet71 »

My DS had the EGS Familiarisation test on Friday - He came out all smiles and said it was easy (infact he said it was easier than the Bright Sparks he had been doing and was more like GL pack 1) - This has really boosted his confidence for next week which is great. Im just wondering if the familiarisation test is the same, harder or easier that the real thing? Im sure I read on a thread somewhere that its easier so not to panic the boys but someone said to me outside while waiting that the tutor they used told them it was harder and not to worry as this is just to put some off from coming back for the real thing - Im not sure about this, seems a bit of an odd tactic if true but some of my DS classmates (who have been using the same tutor) had commented to him that they thought it was hard......I suppose it all depends on what materials you have been using as to what you think is hard but I had got some great tips and info from here and the VR thread about which papers to use and a great source of info on home tutoring and perhaps that is the difference?
hermanmunster

Re: EMG Familiarisation test - Harder, easy or same?

Post by hermanmunster »

I am not sure that the actual test is much different ? I think DS thought the practice was harder and DD (3 years later) thought it was easier... not sure what to make of that.

it may of course be a random old paper - possibly one that has been seen before by the kids in some form or other?
janet71

Re: EMG Familiarisation test - Harder, easy or same?

Post by janet71 »

HI Herman - thats good news - I would have thought that that would make sense and a relief
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now